Smashing pumpkins

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by fmj, Nov 6, 2011.

1. fmj

fmj New Member

Myself a buddy and the youngest (buddys eldest was supposed to go but was out with his granny when we left :() headed north for the range. We got there a half an hour before it opened but the place was PACKED. Seemed like every hilljack in the tri county area was there for the last minute rush to sight in their guns for deer season. (Kinda figured) So we shot south to a friend that lives in the area and we set up a make shift backstop (SOB backed by three layers of logs set in the direction of absolutely nothing for 20 miles) and commenced to have a good ole redneck time.

I came back home AMAZED at the damage these 240 gr JHP .44 mags actually do outta this carbine. It punching holes in the pumpkins as big or bigger than the 12 guages of my fellow redneck friends.

I have also come with confidence that wether it be the CVA Wolf .50 M/L or the Ruger .44 carbine, if my youngest gets a deer in his sights....he'll get the job done.

Hope y'all enjoy these...probably not as much as we enjoyed ourselves today tho :p

Youngest working with .44 carbine...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLiA5LhhcxQ]More work with the Ruger .44 - YouTube[/ame]

The boy "Smashing Pumpkins" w/ 686...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_61GfqVlM]David smashing pumpkins w/ 686 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

3. fmj

fmj New Member

and a couple more....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtUgH1zk7s]Pumpkin vaporization... - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7GJUxqph9A]Dialed in w/ the .50 cal. - YouTube[/ame]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Looks like a good time. :)

5. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Blastin punkins is my favorite thing about autumn!

6. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Looks like you had a great time. I actually prefer this impromptu type shooting over the range anyways. Refers are great for 22 or 22mag.

7. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

That's one of the great ways to spend some time ;).

8. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Vids rule. Looks like you guys had a good day.

9. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Throw about 1lb of tannerite in a pumpkin and see what happens :D

10. countryboy

countryboy New Member

That's awesome. Keep up the great work. Great manners too, thanking your friend for explaining eye relief. Good stuff.

EXPENDABLE

11. fmj

fmj New Member

Myself and a couple other redneck friends (ones other than the two i was with on this day) have done a few things like that. We set off one canflagration that was so nice, we got a visit from the feds before we were done with our shooting session.:eek:

After exchanging "pleasantries" (and paperwork;)) they asked us to kindly "tone down" our "Indiana redneck boy" fun about a half dozen notches.

Message recieved!;)

12. fmj

fmj New Member

Hes still getting used to using a scope. Thats only the second time hes squeezed one off out of that particular gun...he actually needs less eye relief with the way that particualr one is set up.

But yeah, he makes his dad proud when he shows the things (manners and such) i have tried to teach are actually sinking in.:D

13. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Looks like you've got plenty of reason to be proud.

EXPENDABLE

14. fmj

fmj New Member

Thanks!

I DO and am!

I just hope he does better than his older brother....his older brother always did things that made me SO PROUD...then as SOON as i bragged him up, he would go and do something sooo stupid as to negate all pride i had felt in the previous actions.:eek:

ahhh the joys of parenthood.

All things considered,(when you start comparing to their contemporaries and things some of todays kids are doing) all three are good kids in their own ways.

The journey continues...:)