Small of the back holsters?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by GentileGent21, Feb 28, 2012.

1. GentileGent21

GentileGent21 New Member

What are some good holsters for carry in the small of your back? I have been having a hard time finding some online...I own a Springfield XDM 40 3.8 which I have a crossbreed holster which I do enjoy, I also have a Super RedHawk Alaskan 44 with no holster and a Springfield 1911 Loaded MC Operator with no holster...recommendations for all of these with links would be very much appreciated!

2. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

They have fallen out if favor because when sitting they are very uncomfortable and if for some reason you fall on your back they can actually cause physical harm.

3. GentileGent21

GentileGent21 New Member

Really...? Well that's good to know.

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Just food for thought, if you have to reach behind you to draw your weapon then the BG can control your arm and hinder your ability to draw. The lower spine danger was enough for me not to consider SOB.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Another thing, if you are ever in a physical altercation and you are down flat on your back with the BG holding you down, you wont be able to reach behind you to access your gun.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like the way an SOB holster carries a pistol, and are fine as long as you are standing and walking. what about when you sit in a chair or are driving? very uncomfortable.

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Buy a cheap iwb holster and practice around the house. Even sitting in a comfy couch sucks with it there. But, if it fires while there, it'll just clean out your crack. :D

8. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I've got a "modified SoB" holster from Active Pro holsters. It doesn't ride in the small of the back, but just off to the side. It's pretty comfortable and I can easily draw from a sitting position on the couch or vehicle.

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was told by an officer that most LE agencies do not allow their use because it is common to have the muzzle pointed at yourself while drawing the weapon in a stressful situation.

10. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I think i just learned how to save on TP thank you ill post a review on this method LOL

11. lrchops

lrchops New Member

Small of Back holsters suck. Mine almost got me killed when I fought a wanted parolee at large and he easily grabbed my gun from the holster. We fought over the gun and I managed somehow to keep him from killing me. Now he is doing 20 years in prison over the incident. Long story short! SOB holsters are strictly dangerous!!!

12. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

I personally don't agree with the small of the back carry. The reason being if your pushed on your back your going to get hurt. Nothing like a piece of steel hitting your tailbone.

13. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

SOB carry, as with many other things gun related, look really cool on Tee-Vee, but in real life, not so much. Sitting in a chair, very uncomfortable. Drawing while driving in a car doesn't work so well. In a fight, get knocked down, or fall on your back and you could wind up with severe spinal cord injury. Bend over to pick something up and everybody knows you are carrying.

14. Corwin46

Corwin46 New Member

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...TERS/sof-tucktm/copy7_of_keltec/XDM-40cal-3.8
    SOF-TUCK™ #106 is a new IWB/Tuck-able holster with adjustable cant. It can be worn strong side, cross draw or on the small of the back. It is built from soft, no-slip suede and reinforced at the top with premium saddle leather to aid in re-holstering. The #106 is available for most concealable hand guns in right and left hand.

Check this out.

15. lrchops

lrchops New Member

That looks like a good one for my Kahr PM45 compact. Thanks!

16. GentileGent21

GentileGent21 New Member

Thanks for all the feed back guys! I have been carrying my XDM at about the 4-5 o'clock position with my crossbreed holster and it feels pretty good, I thought to myself that if I carried ISOB then it would be better but now reading your posts I think I thought wrong. I think I will keep carrying where I do and maybe get a size or two bigger pants...no more skinny jeans lol jk.

17. Donn

Donn Active Member

Prefer an SOB rig, but a torn rotator cuff says nothing further back than 4 o'clock these days