small game

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 1911beast, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 1911beast

1911beast New Member

what is the biggest small game that you dont need a tag for

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm wondering just what exactly constitutes small game in some places. Have you seen the Camp LeJeune NC area white tail? I hit one with a cavalier, didn't even bust the grill, and it had antlers too.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

did ya see that darn wabbit.... it had to weigh an easy 100lbs....well i believe that woodchucks, bunnys, raccons, possoms and the like are probly the biggest. not sure what pigs fall under. but even tho there is no tag per animal. you still need to have the proper license to hunt them. turkeys are small game but require being tagged. at least here in ny

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

In a lot of places there's a bag limit too. Not always strictly enforced, but enforced harshly when it is. Violate at risk of gun, truck, rights, and fines.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mouse is about it. Game laws vary state to state.

6. Win73

Win73 Member

Here in Alabama the biggest game you don't need a tag for is deer. Obviously you have to have a hunting license for all game large or small, even those with no closed season and no limit such as coyote or feral hogs.

7. 00possum

00possum New Member

in texas its a hog or mountain lion. i just get coons possums rabbits squirrels and turtles. but if you want to get turtles get a john boat with a trolling motor, a rifle with a scope but where you can still use the open sights and a net usually helps.