Slings for my maverick 88 mossberg?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by keginth, Mar 14, 2013.

1. keginth

keginth New Member

I have a Mossberg maverick model 88 12g shotgun. I use it mainly for HD and first time bird hunting. Trying to find a reasonable one or two point sling for HD. But haven't had time or the money to get one so just been researching.
    Does anybody know a brand and point they like best?

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Blackhawk makes good slings, but you will have to purchase a front attachment. One point slings are not for hunting, because the gun will start banging on your body. After a while, you will just start holding the gun instead of utilizing the sling. Plus, it is hard to traverse terrain with a one point sling. As a hunter, trust me, you want that gun on your shoulder when not utilized.

3. longunner

longunner New Member

Your going to have to get sling swivel studs the Maverick doesn't come with them...at least mine didnt...

4. keginth

keginth New Member

I wasn't going to use the sling when I'm hunting, only for HD bc a one point sling fits good with my plate carrier vest. But thanks for input and I was looking at the Blackhawks but there kinda expensive. And I don't know if a sling is worth that much.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Unless you're really hoofing it you don't put a sling on a shotgun.
    Plate carrier eh? Got any plates!?

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Um...let me get this straight. If someone breaks into your home you are planning on putting on a vest and attaching a shot gun to it before you defend yourself? Just saying.

7. keginth

keginth New Member

Lol no I use my vest for range uses bc of my mags for my handgun are on there. And it will be Easier to move my shotgun away when it's empty with a sling, instead of putting in the dirt. Over and over.

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Hopefully a sling with lots of spare 3" Mag 1-1/2 oz. 00 Buck 12 ga. shells sloshing around in loops up by the muzzle/shoulder pad! Don't worry -- there aren't actually plates in the plate carrier vest...

9. keginth

keginth New Member

Yea a roctheo vest and I only use one plate on the front and its 8 by 10.

10. keginth

keginth New Member