Sling Swivel?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by cgersty, Aug 13, 2011.

  1. cgersty

    cgersty New Member

    I recently bought my wife a nef pardner pump 12ga shotgun, after carrying it through the woods squirrel hunting she decided she needed a sling for it, I know the magazine cap off an 870 does not fit because I tried the one off of my 870, I also tried the one on my mossberg 500, in the stock of the gun there is a little brass bushing that is threaded and im assuming you gut an eylet bolt that fits in there, I is like a machine screw thread it is not a wood screw type design, if anyone has any idea how to put a sling on this gun it would be gratefully appreciated.

  2. Virginian

    Virginian Active Member

    Uncle Mikes makes all kinds of swivels. I put one on my 870 before they ever had a ready made cap. You just drill a hole in the cap. You can get the regular post type buttstock attachment, or they make a countersunk fitting that a post attachment screws into. I have both. I'd just go with a regular post. If you don't have a drill press and a Forstener bit, but the bit they sell to so you don't bugger the stock.