Slide sticks while breaking down for cleaning

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Kazakune, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Kazakune

Kazakune New Member

I have a Kel Tec P-11 9mm I took it out yesterday for some range time. Before I fired it I was showing my brother how it breaks down for cleaning. After I pulled the slide pin and released the slide it only moved part way and got stuck. I had to push it off the rest of the way. Got it put back together and function check seemed normal so I went ahead and fired it. Everything worked well, ran 50 rds through it and called it a day. Got home and went to clean it, had the same issue so I scrubbed and oiled every part, put it back together, function checked then tried to break it down again and it's still sticking. What am I missing here?

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Assuming you removed the magazine first. I don't know how much force you had to apply, but some effort is normally needed. The rail edges are likely rough out of the box. Polish them with NeverDull or similar stuff.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Check the recoil spring and guide.
    The things wear with usage and get with Kel-Tec.
    They sent me a new one.

4. Kazakune

Kazakune New Member

Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into it

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

I have one of these, danf is right about that for sure, don't shoot mine anymore, have had to replace the recoil guide on mine also.