slide grease

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by tacticalfun, Aug 13, 2012.

1. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

What do you use? I buy whatevers there. But theres got to be a brand thats better..input?

2. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Mil- comm tw25b, hands down the best IMO. A little goes a LONG way and has proven great against rust in my experience. They may send a free sample to you if you shoot them an email.

Getem

3. tacticalfun

Does it work for a light coating? I dont like taking 30 minutes to clean grease out of everything.

4. tacticalfun

Theyre sending me a trial tube. Ty

5. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Your welcome.

Yes, you are actually instructed to only just a tiny tiny bit. To remove an alcohol based cleaner and cotton swab takes only 10 seconds. There is an offical video on YouTube about their products and how to properly use them.
    Let me know what you think after using it.

Getem

6. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

This. +1 on the mil-comm tw25b. Great stuff.

7. mauserwouser

mauserwouser New Member

Right now I'm using electric tool grease. I like it because it's very thin but also stays in place very well. Never tried Mil-Comm products before.

8. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

In the summertime months, I use white lithium grease and the cold winter months I use a light oil on mine..............

9. scottmac

scottmac New Member

I second the recommendation for Mil-Comm. Grease, oil, cleaner, and lock lube. There are a lot that are close, but for me, so far, this one wins.

(I have no association with the company or the people ... I'm just a happy user.)

10. scottmac

scottmac New Member

The Mil-Comm stuff is rated to some ridiculous spec ... like -90f to +450 and maintains standard viscosity ... no need to change for the seasons.

They also are big supporters of the military, NRA, and many firearm interest groups.

http://www.mil-comm.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Shooter's Choice HI Tech grease, the pink stuff in the plastic syringe is the best I've ever found. won't gun up at minus 40, and won't run at plus 150. and fairly inexpensive. Tetra is excellent as well.

12. tacticalfun

Mil-comm came in the mail today

ForumRunner_20120817_223343.jpg

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I use Mobil1 Synthetic Grease (Red). Bought it from Autozone for $7-8. It works great, but i really hate cleaning it. So basically i barely use grease on my firearms.

14. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Good choice tacticalfun. Your guns are gonna love you for it. Btw, that's a terrifying avatar your using! Lol

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I use Tetra Gun Grease. I don't know if it's rated for use on Venus or the moons of Saturn. It works fine for my needs. I've also used PJ1 Black Label chain lube too. It actually does quite well. Flows into place and stays put. For extended storage, Maxima Chain Wax is essentially Cosmolene with a few extra ingredients.
    I wouldn't get to deep into the weeds on this grease thing.

16. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

How did you ask them to send you a sample? I use shooters choice now it works ok but I'd like to try the mil-comm stuff and free sample would be cool.

17. tacticalfun

Their phone numbers on the page. Call and get you one!!

18. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Cool thanks for the info.

19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Moly wheel bearing grease. Its all you need.