Sleeping in SHTF

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by SmithKid308, Aug 14, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Ok in a SHTF type deal and after a long day of helping and staying alive what would you have at the end of the day to help you go to sleep ? Me it would be some sweet tea :)

2. MrMosin

MrMosin New Member

For me it would be hearing the popping of the campfire while im laying in my bag with my loaded rifle by my side.

3. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

I've never heard of someone trying a high-caffeine beverage to go to sleep :p .

I've thought about this, actually. My mind tends to race a lot so I honestly think unless I was utterly exhausted the only way I could sleep would be like a half- or whole-shot of liquor, heh. But, that wouldn't be so bad because it would be burned off in an hour so as long as you slept at least that long you'd be fine as far as impairment goes. At least, it would be way better than the 8-hour grogginess of sleeping pills!

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

sweet tea = sugar + caffine

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

A big cigar, good liquor and a lusty woman.

Repeat as necessary until desired results are achieved. :cool:

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Maybe Sweet-Tea is his girlfriend. ;)

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have some Valerian tablets and Sleepytime Tea stashed for just in case.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

i could stand to be lulled to sleep by the popping of the claymores on the perimeter as the goblins wander about...

9. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Makers Mark, Southern Comfort, Four Roses, Jim Bean... you get the idea. My loaded 1911 and grenade in a glass jar in the front and back door of the shelter while I sleep in the bathtub or the old grenade in a tin can with a trip wire.

10. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

THIS! Plus eleventybillion!

Thanks for the LOL.

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Dont need nothing. I can go to sleep within minutes at the end of the day or during the day.

12. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'd live like I am still on Terminal Leave, camping under a bridge with the 1911 behind my belt, Honda Shadow at the ready, & eating a rabbit I ran over intentionally. I slept on a rock pillow several times.

13. ironman5669

ironman5669 New Member

this is it for me^^^^^

14. MGH

MGH New Member

In that kind of situation I have always thought it would be best to have someone awake and armed while the rest of us are asleep. I bet I would fall asleep and stay asleep with just that.

15. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Y'all need to learn tactical napping. If you screw up you sleep schedule enough, you can immediately pass out and wake up as soon as anything happens. It's useful for those 5 minutes between class or those breaks during road marches. It takes a month or so of no sleep schedule.

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I used to do it while launching jets. 5-10 minutes I was perky again for another couple turns.

17. Jay

Jay New Member

In this situation, you'll have no trouble going to sleep.... as long as you have someone around to hand your life to while you do so.....

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm like this, too, for the most part. I lay down, I fall asleep. :D

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Winner!! :D

20. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Sweltering Slumber.......

Sleep will be the last thing on my mind..... I hunt the nite shift and nap during the day.....Two hours before sunset and two hours before sunrise..... Perfect killing time in between......;)