Slamfire Billboard

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by KJG67, Jan 25, 2014.

1. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

ISRA Special Alert - Give A Pat On The Back To Designers of I-55 Gun Sign*

As you may have heard, the gun grabbers are all up in arms over an outdoor sign
    off of Interstate 55 advertising Slidefire gun stocks. *The grabbers are aghast that a picture of an AR-15 would appear in plain view*of "children."* In response, the gun haters have launched an attack on the owner of the billboard, Lamar Advertising, and Slidefire.*
    As gun owners, we need to*those who support us. *Therefore, as a show of support, please send e-mails to Lamar Advertising at the following address:
    rrickert@lamar.com
    In the "Subject Line" please say: "Love your Slidefire sign on I-55"* Please mention in the body of your message that you heard about the sign from the ISRA.
    Also contact Slidefire at:
    customerservice@slidefire.com
    Use the subject line:* "Love your sign on I-55."* Tell Slidefire that you support their efforts to "normalize" lawful firearm ownership by way of the I-55 sign. *Be sure to tell them you learned about the sign from the ISRA.*
    Be sure to pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family members.
    Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.*

Here's a news story on it.
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/...r-slide-fire-goes-up-on-stevenson-expressway

2. Shade

Shade New Member

My email to Mr. Wall...

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Slidefire is a gimmick product not worth standing up for. I applaud the OP for being watchful, but I can't with a straight face defend this monkey business as essential to my gun rights. They are not persecuted, mind it. It is a storm in a cup.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He who is not against us is with us.

5. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

For what it's worth, the story went National. It's in the Washington Post, Huffington, and many others. It may be a gimmick, but it's a right.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I dig. You know I've had this idea of throwing them a decoy target every year or two. So they stay busy and sail from one victory to another. :D

(Edit. Them means the anti 2A)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Slidefire, IMHO, is a legal sidetrack, or loophole, at best,

and detrimental to your internals, at worst. I agree with

Mercator.

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Gee, I always thought if I didn't like a slide fire, I just wouldn't buy one. Sure looks like some folks here think, because they don't like it, then no one should have it.

I stand with McCool . . . and those that stand with us. You others are just sissy pants.

(I had a picture, but I just had to delete it. I just could'nt do it.)

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I want the picture.

10. Shade

Shade New Member

While I agree with your opinion of the product being advertised. The particular issue I have is again the misrepresentation of what is a rifle.

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

We know the opponent, don't we? Now they have a pet cause for the day. And we have to tell them, the product is a novelty, hahaha, but please don't misrepresent my rifle. Logic gets hammered in emotional arguments (check out some threads) This is a s***-laced cookie, think before you bite.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Anything that gets the anti-rights crowds' knickers in a twist is okay by me...:cool:

13. Shade

Shade New Member

They leaders of the anti-gun movement we cannot change, however, the
    masses of uneducated sheeple can be educated and turned. I have in the
    last year have turned several people from not only being anti gun to people
    who are waiting on their Illinois CCL to arrive... Imagine the impact to the
    Gun argument if every Pro-gun person in the US turned just one Anti to our
    side....

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

It is clear that we only disagree on which battles to choose. And I respect the commitment, even though I regret to see it wasted.