SKYY vs. SCCY 9mm handgun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bluesman1952, Jul 20, 2013.

1. bluesman1952

bluesman1952 New Member

Hi - New to the forum and glad to be here. I didn't see SKYY or SCCY under any specific semi-auto section, so I figured I would ask a question here if that is ok?

I have a SKYY 9mm handgun. I have no problems with it, but the company has changed it's name to SCCY due to a patent issue using the name SKYY which is also a brand of vodka. The company has offered to take my 2 year old SKYY handgun and replace it free with a second generation SCCY 9mm handgun. I don't know what I should do - Any advice? Anybody know much about this brand.

Thanks!!

Joe

2. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I think they had problems with the first gen guns blowing up.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

is the second generation better than the first? if so, then IMO, it's a no-brainer.

4. bluesman1952

bluesman1952 New Member

I think the 1st generation as I have tends to misfire at times. The 2nd generation is a big upgrade to this and other issues and I tend to agree it is a no brainer. I thought maybe because of the patent issue they want all these guns back as they may be worth something one day - But I think being safe and comfortable with your firearm is of more importance - Thanks for the input from both of you
    Joe

5. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

I have the 2nd Gen and have not had a single issue with it. If you have the money, I'd keep the 1st Gen as a collector's piece and buy the 2nd Gen as your carry piece. Mine is very reliable and eats everything I feed it. The light weight and 11 round capacity are absolutely perfect for CCW.

6. bluesman1952

bluesman1952 New Member

Thanks jarhead - I don't have the money to keep that older one - but I think you have given me the push to take advantage of having the 2nd generation at no charge to me...

7. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

Yes sir! SCCY's customer service and lifetime warranty are top notch! Take advantage of it! I think you'll be satisfied with the 2nd Gen. Have yet to have a problem with mine. Good luck with yours! Let us know how your new addition does for you!

8. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

You all might find this video interesting:

[ame]http://youtu.be/sPVrRkHnpwM[/ame]

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

10. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I agree with this comment.If I remember correctly they had major issues with the first gen however if yours is properly working I believe they are inexpensive enough that you should just put you're original one in the safe for somewhere down the road and buy you're self the new gen.