Sks

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by rifleman77, Jun 13, 2013.

1. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

A buddy is asking if $350 is a high price for a used Chinese sks. I remember yugo sks's going for $250 tops at the gun show a couple years back. And I've seen norinco's go for $500. I don't know anything about a Chinese sks or if it is a standard wood stock or new polymer with detachable mags.

Anybody think this is over priced in the current gun hating America we live in?

2. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Maybe a little, these days.

3. beltor

beltor New Member

The Yugo SKS is Selling for 550 hear in MI

4. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Damn that's crazy. 4 years ago I bought a wasr 10 AK for $440 new. Now I see them for sale for $900. My only real question is what's the difference between Chinese Russian and Yugoslavia builds?

5. HankStone

HankStone New Member

I purchased my SKS Chinese 56 in the 1980s for $80.00,if I would have known how much the SKS would go up in price,I would have purchased an 18 wheeler full of them at that time.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Tell your buddy in today's market $350 is a steal. If I were him I'd buy it in a second (of course after a bit of scrutiny to meet my expectations). ;)

7. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Lol I was born in the 1980s. What did a mosin nagant go for back then $50?

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Prices are dropping some. A friend just bought a norinco with a 30 rounder, original mag included, extra dust cover with scope mount, and 100 or so rounds of loose ammo for $325. I saw one for $300, but the bayonet lug was cut off.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

A buddy of mine got a good one, with a drop-dead clean stock,

unfired condition barrel, and matching serials for 525$, and I

would buy it from him for what he paid anytime...;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  10. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Where did you find that deal?

11. orangello

orangello New Member

It seems about right for a clean specimen. When you say "Chinese", do you mean the older blade bayonet models or those not made for export (Norinco)? There has been a recent batch of older Chinese models with the blade bayonets (as opposed to the "spike" bayonets) selling lately; many of them feature really beat up stocks.

12. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I would not be too worried about the condition of the stock as long as the wood is not cracked. They clean-up very nicely. My buddies Chinese SKS looks fantastic, I picked up a beat up Yugo to work on and it works well for what it is. (2 MOA at 100 with hand loads).

The long and short story is that we will probably not see any more imported into the US, so what's out there is all we will have. The price is not bad at all and the rifles work, I like them better than the AK-47's.

Jim

[​IMG]

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

That price is not too bad in today's market. There are types of Chinese SKS that are a little different than other models as well. D and M models go much higher than the price listed as they take AK mags. There is one that many call a paratrooper model that use the "normal" mag but are shorter like the M model.

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Friendship, Indiana flea market.

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Allan's Armory sells good 'new' ones that he inspects. Good guy to work with. Looks like his prices have come down a bit from $350. Really depends upon the details SKS if $350 is a deal or not. It's in the ballpark, but prices seem to be coming down.

http://www.allans-armory.com/aa.php

16. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

The gun show at Evansville IN. armory there is a guy selling the older Chinese SKS w/blade for $325, I was going to buy one until I saw how beat up the stocks were.:eek:

17. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I just bought my M59/66 from him. He was helpful and informative. He fires and function tests them before putting them up. He ships them in sturdy cases and for pretty cheap. You won't be disappointed.

18. HankStone

HankStone New Member

$15.00+25.00 for a beater!

19. HankStone

HankStone New Member

In the 80s my 56 was box new with a spike bayonet still have it!

20. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have a Chinese sks. Spike bayonet all numbers matching with good stock. Have $350 in it. Not sure it's value. A preban is all I have been told.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013