SKS tapco stock problem.

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Beastazz, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Beastazz

Beastazz New Member

I bought the bayonet cut stock and I have no idea why but is there any way to add a bottom rail to it for a grip with out spending $75 for a new stock??

2. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Are you talking about a rail or butt-stock?

3. Beastazz

Beastazz New Member

A rail under the piston area

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Assuming you have no bayonet. You should have plenty of room to drop an aluminum block in there to screw a rail to. Someone else may have a better option.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Buy a rail and drill the stock out, otherwise yes, you would need a new stock.
    EDIT: Mountainman got to it before me. That is probably your only option.

6. Beastazz

Beastazz New Member

Ok. Good idea both. I was wondering about a barrel mounted rail. Would I hold up to the recoil if a grip is mounted on it.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would avoid it. Guaranteed to throw off the harmonics and negatively effect accuracy.

8. Beastazz

Beastazz New Member

Yea I was worried about that. Well I consulted my gunsmith grandfather and he liked the aluminum block idea but he said we could use some oak wood and do the same. Secure it in the groove the attach the rail. What do you think.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Should work fine. Might smoke a bit if it touches the barrel at all but only if you are dumping 30rnd mags. Shouldn't be an issue to keep it below the barrel. Keep in mind weather effects wood though.

10. Beastazz

Beastazz New Member

Yea. Might have to seal the wood