Sks stocks

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by TwelveGageTaylor, Nov 11, 2013.

1. TwelveGageTaylor

TwelveGageTaylor New Member

Hey Guys i have an Sks Yugo that has an 11" bayonet, the problem is i cant find a stock that has the cut out for it. I bought the sks without the original wood stock. It came with the tapco stock that has the cutout and i find it ugly as help. Anyone seen any other stocks other then tapco with the bayonet cuta?

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Other than the original wood stock I think you may have to modify any others to allow bayonet use. But I haven't seen all the stocks for it so there might be one.

3. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Tapco stocks come either bayonnet cut or without bayonnet cut however the cut is not long enough for the spike point. Only the shorter blade type bayonnet

4. TwelveGageTaylor

TwelveGageTaylor New Member

Ya i have the flat blade type not the spike blade. Any ideas where i can find the wood sks stocks?

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I have the norinco/Chinese SKS with the spikey bayonet; it works fine with my Tapco stock and OK with the montecarlo-style stock it came in (maybe Ramline brand).

6. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I have seen original wood stocks on eBay for yugo sks.

7. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

You could go threw the ak/sks pic thread and see if someone has one thats short enuff and ask them where they got it. Timbersmith made the sks stock I have. Maybe you can find one there.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Buymilsurp.com- if Matt doesn't have it, he can probably tell you where to

get it. Located in Largo, Florida, here in the heart of sunny Tampa Bay.

9. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Yea me too, they have tons of them.

10. 8MILLSNIPER007

8MILLSNIPER007 New Member

I happen to have a Russian Sks wood stock that I completely refurbished, it is a awesome looking stock. If you want to see it just let me know! I am new to this site but not new to the firearms world. I put a Itrafuse stock on my sks and love it, only complaint is it is heavy with the bipod, scope and stock!

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Sarco had NOS Chinese SKS stocks for about $25 awhile back, I ordered one, give me a minute and I'll link it and check to see which cut they are.

Edit: they are out of stock and mine is the spike cut anyway, they are excepting back orders and according to the comments at least some of them have the blade cut.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  12. fortinsj

fortinsj New Member

8MILLSNIPWE007 PM sent

13. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I would like to see that.

14. Garyshome

Garyshome New Member

When you find one don't think it will be cheap$$$$$.

15. 8MILLSNIPER007

I will try and post them on here. Russian or Yugo stocks are hard to find. image.jpg

16. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Is that the refinished Russian? Looks like a Russian.

17. 8MILLSNIPER007

18. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

19. 8MILLSNIPER007

Thank you!
    I bought that carbine back in the early 90's (back when you could purchase a long gun and take it home with you the same day). It was unfired and cost me a whole $78.00 Makes me wish I had bought several of them. I put a Intrafuse stock on mine and it fits perfect. It is a little bit heavier than the wood stock but I like having the pistol grip. I have noticed that the Russian stocks seem harder to find and they are worth more money.

20. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Ya same here. I have the tapco and it works fine but I wanna go to the timbersmith stock now.