Sks stock

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by foot2400, Sep 11, 2013.

1. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I ordered a tapco stock a couple days ago. Wife just text me it came in today. Can't wait to get home to put it together. I also bought the tapco gas tube and butt pad. Anyone one with any thoughts about tapco stocks?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I prefer the original wood. But that is me. Hope you enjoy your new stock.

3. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

^^^^+1 I had an after market stock on mine for about 10 years but still went back with the woody. Don't throw the wood away or sell, you just never know. BTW sold the plastic stock for more than I paid.....

4. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I like the wood look also. That's why I got the gas tube With it. That way I can just keep the old one the way it is.

5. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I have one on my SKS. I like the way that it feels. I have not shot with it yet though. I still have the wood stock and gas tube assembly as well, just in case. :eek:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Another tapco stocker here; I kept the ramline and matching gastube as-was and use the tapco and tapco mags.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I put a Tapco on my Chinese SKS. I'm 6'3" and found that the OEM stock was too small. The silly rubber spacer/extension that is sold to help this problem looks ridiculous IMHO.
    I hope you have better luck than I did with the pin in the gas tube assembly. The instructions say that it should easily come out. I tried everything, but I ended up having to drill it. Also, plan on filing &/or sanding the gas tube cover to fit. Considering the price, the Tapco stock is pretty good. I paid around $60 for mine and came away impressed. Overall it was a change for the better.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...ks-with-cut-to-accept-blade-bayonet-synthetic

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Overkill84, he may have bought the complete gas tube with installed railed cover. I bought the complete tube & installed cover & a new piston & some other bits as part of a "compliance package" to dodge that 922 rule about domestic parts count.

9. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I had the same problem with mine. No matter what I did, I could not get the pin out. Ended up buying a new gas tube assembly, which should beat my place by the end of the week.

10. KAPRAL-POLAND

KAPRAL-POLAND New Member

This is good advice!

When you to make some adds or upgrades it is better to work on new, replaced parts and have old one in orginal shape.
    If you would like to sell it you will have to sets - orginal one and modified. Thanks to it you can ask for more money.
    And also what is important you have spare parts if something would go wrong.

I'm doing that with my AKMSN.

11. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Well I got everything together. The new gas tube took a little bit of fitting. I think it looks pretty good and it feels good in my hands. Now all I have to do is get it to the range. That's the real test.

12. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

I have one. Its alright. The mag doesnt feed great all the time. It does what it is designed to do I guess, makes it look more tactical. I keep threatening to go back to my origianal wood furniture. I really really want one of these though.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/archangel-sks-stock-awesome-96347/

I like the look of it even better than the real AK, and I just love my SKS and how well its built. I just think it could be made to look a little "cooler"