Sks red dot question

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Glore, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Glore

Glore New Member

Would a red dot work on the forward hand guard rail on a Tapco Intrafuse stock? I'm asking because the distance between the eye and location of the red dot is relatively long. Just curious if the set up would work for a red dot style optic. I just installed the Intrafuse stock on a friends SKS and he wants a red dot. I'm hoping I could just mount a primary arms right on top of the rail without any relief problems???

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Depends on the red dot. If its made for a pistol it should work fine.

3. Glore

Glore New Member

Looking at the primary arms micro. Maybe the Bushnell Trs???

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the stock you mention on my SKS. The handguard does not work well for mounting any kind of optic. It is a cool idea. But the handguard moves too much to hold a zero. You end up shooting massive groups at 100 yards.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ah no need to worry about what optic you pick. Lol

6. Glore

Glore New Member

What type of mount would you recommend?

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have not seen a good one for the SKS. There is a mount that replaces the cover on the back of the reciever. But those wobble too. I would waste my money on those either.

8. Glore

Glore New Member

Damn, just done some reading. I guess the red dot doesn't have a good place to mount on the sks. He really wanted a red dot but at least he will be informed and not disappointed.