sks question

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Gert999, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Just bought a used sks not feeding right pretty sure its a magazine issue but my question is does the sks have a feed ramp don't see one and my pistols and 22 have ome

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Factory mag or detachable mags?

3. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Detachable 30 round has a draknov stock and seems won't hold duck bills

4. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

I never got the detachables to work reliably. Went back to 10 rd original n no worries (picked up a SAR-1 instead :) good luck with your rifle.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Me neither, had 3 or 4 and said F-it and went back to the factory built in box mag. My sks also has the dragunov stock. Stripper clips work much better.

6. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

so i assume a sks doesn't have a feed ramp?? and can't get the factory to go in won't fit in the back when properly clip in front

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Hard to judge what is happening when we can't see it (BIG HINT THERE, BUB)

However, if you are trying to reinstall the factory fixed mag, the rifle need to have the action taken out of the stock first.

I have known ONE person that has changed an SKS to detachable mags, and says that it works well. But I play poker with him, and he lies there too.

The SKS did not have, nor need a feed ramp. Slight bevel of the mouth of the camber on the lower edge.

sks chamber.jpg

8. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

About the only detachable mags I have heard that work most of the time are the Tapco 20 round mags. Other wise just get a factory fixed mag and save yourself the headache.