SKS Question of worth

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Bigcountry02, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

What is the average (going rate) for Yugo SKS M59/66 model? The version I am looking, listing for $499.00, tax not included. Did not complete or thru-an thru inspection of the weapon.

Also, what will be my life expendency, if I purchase this version (if it is still on the shelve?) when the wife does not want a former Soviet Weapon in the house? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The weapon below is reference only!
    [​IMG]

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, I just checked closed auctions, past 90 days at auctionarms.com for yugo SKS. The ones that sold are about $250-275. Be sure to check for bore condition on a Yugo (many were not chromed) and condition of the gas valve- weak point on those.

3. Bigcountry02

Thanks for the heads-up! Will check it out, if the SKS is still there. I have seen some of there East Block rifles they do sell - not that good of condition.

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Bring da noise---bring da funk

Attached Files:

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Personally the Yugo SKS's are the coolest looking but least desirable of the variety. With the lack of chrome lining and the weaker than normal gas system. I would not spend $500 on one even if it was pristine.

As far as the home front problem with Com-bloc weapons, I can't help you there. I hope you have a comfortable couch.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Consider the Chinese version, chrome bore & cooler bayonet. The only problem with the Chinese version is that after you go shoot 80 rounds or so, you will feel fully satisfied, but in an hour or so, you will want to go shoot some more.

I love my Chinese SKS.

7. Bigcountry02

Yugo was nice weapon; but, the deterrence was the price, not alot of grease for storage. The Yugo had a different muzzle attached to it. Based on some internet digging, this was a Yugo SKS M59/66A1 Carbine.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Bring in da noyz and da funk

Attached Files: