Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
I registered this gun during the late 90s assault weapons ban. Was told I couldn't modify anything but the stock. Every part of my sks has a matching serial number including the magazine. The way I took it when they explained it to me I couldn't even change the magazine for larger or smaller and modifications to the magazine wasn't allowed at all during that time. Right now I don't know what the law is here in california but I'm going to check on that. But I still want a bolt action for shots farther out then the sks can deliver.

· Registered
481 Posts
Yea I dont want to drill holes and put rivets in mine since it has a matching numbers on it. Probably just sell it and use that money for a bolt action. Problem is I don't know what kind of bolt action to get since you can't find any bullets anymore. The only thing I see in the stores are 30-06 and that is just too much kick for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.