SKS Online

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by zaitsev44, Jan 17, 2013.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I'm looking for a SKS yet again because I think the guy who was gonna sell me his withdrawed his offer because he hasn't responded in a week a half (it's a shame, it's the cheapest SKS I've found). I've been browsing online, and was wonder if there were any lesser known gun dealer sites or gun selling sites around. I've checked the normal places (AIM, SAMCO, Armslist, ect. I stay away from auction sites because the prices tend to skyrocket) and can't find any for a reasonable price or in stock, and all the places around me are sold out. Thanks

2. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Dan's pawnshop Kiezer,OR has a Chinese sks for $225. The price is this low because it is in an after market poly stock that doesn't fit right. The steel all looks good.

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

After the world regains its sanity there should be a good affordable supply of them, I've already made up my mind that I'm buying another as soon as that happens. I've had mine in a stupid folding stock since I built it because the stock was more or less given to me, I hated it. Started to sell it but found a factory stock for it, now I'm in love.

4. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Ok thanks, century had type 56 incompletely for $160 or so, I'm gonna probably get it. I could just wait a few weeks or so until the price goes back down. I did have an offer for a Chinese SKS for $200 but the guy backed down unfortunately.

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Darn, I'm in alabama, and I think you can get original stocks for $60 or so. I might just get this beautiful 1938 Tula with an amazing light stock and all matching, but it has been refurbished but it's still great. But do you know if they have a website and/or an ship to a FFL across the country?

6. LiLJofVZC

LiLJofVZC New Member

How Much is the wood stock worth, I have an original Chinese Norinco SkS wood stock with bayonete cut in it, sling mount on side, and serial numbers are 07547? anyome help with worth??

7. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Sarco sells original stocks for $20 or $25 with the handguard.

8. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Ok I think I made up my mind. I think I'm gonna order a good,incomplete Chinese SKS for $179 plus $12 shipping and $10 FFL, and probably $50 tops on parts. Way better than playing $700 for a made-for-import norinco IMO.

9. Kalash1138

Kalash1138 New Member

Smart move, the days of $89-125 surplus SKS's are long gone they went south with the $80 1,000 case a Wolf deliverd to my door:(

My Chi-Com was un-issued for $119 way back, good luck an enjoy that SKS

10. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Thanks, my jaw nearly dropped when the sales rep told me they were $179.99 with $12.95 shipping! I'm really excited!!

11. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

The SKS is only going to continue to go up in price.

12. batjka

batjka New Member

I wish I had read this thread earlier. Just ordered an SKS from RRC firearms for $335.

13. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

The downside is that you have to fix it yourself. The sales rep said worst case scenario you will have no barrel but he said a majority of the time it's only missing the bolt, trigger assembly, bayonet, ect.

14. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

I used to buy SKS's from the Shotgun News vendors for $79-$89 hand picked and $99-$129 un-issued. Ah, the good old days.

[​IMG]

15. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

How much were the Russian ones?

16. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Honestly, I don't know. The SKS's I bought were Norinco with milled recievers. Most were paratroopers.
    One of my gun buddies bought a few Russian SKS's back then. I'll ask him.
    :)

17. FlGaline

FlGaline New Member

I just bought my first Sks and I love it . Paid 125.$ from a buddy he had it a couple years never shot it took it home cleaned it then emptied a couple rounds flawlessly. Now if I can just get some more ammo.

18. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

That is the worst part of the SKS. All the ammo goes fast because they are so much fun to shoot. Plus right now it is a pain the rear to find any ammo. Hopefully I can find some more soft points before the Nov. deer season rolls around.

19. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I'm wanting to trade my Chinese sks for a bolt action rifle. I want something to hunt deer with.

20. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Is it a norinco or a type 56?