sks modification

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by curly45, Aug 20, 2010.

1. curly45

curly45 New Member

Found a part to modify one of my sks's it replaces the reciever and you can mount a scope on it. Looks like it would be real solid. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Any info would be appreciated. Would either go on my yugo or the chinese one. Would mention the site but don't know if that is allowed. THANKS

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have seen a few parts like that on the internet. I would be concerned that it might move just a bit. A scope mount that moves is worthless. Just an observance. I haven't actually tested one.

3. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Rick's right on the movement of the cover. I tried one of these when I was a kid and it held the scope, but that's about all.

Some are up around $50.00+ and not worth it in my experience.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've had one. Unless you can fit it to the weapon in a way that it wont move...It will move. So zeroing the glass will be next to impossible. What you might try is a mount that replaces the hand guard. They are much more steady. THe bolt cover scope mounts look cool but their function is not all that great. I ended up with a Tapco T6 stock on mine and it come with the hand guard mount. I've been much happier with how it all sits now.