Sks Help Plz

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Toxinx, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Toxinx

Toxinx New Member

I own a russian Sks and i had got a 30 round banna clip for it. And it preforms horibly jams everytime so i was just going to put the orginal 10 round mag in it but i can not find it. I did get an original clip from another sks and tried to put in but doesnt want to fit. so my question for anyone who is willing to help, where can i find a reliable clip that will simply not jam i really dont care about how many rounds it can hold. please any ones help would be greatly apprecaited :D

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Russian SKS's were built a little differently than the others. You would need a "magazine" specifically made for the Russian model. The fit and function of the aftermarket extended magazines is hit or miss. I have one on my Chinese model that works well.

3. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Got a russky 5 round if you want it.

I have a Russian 5 round that I changed out for a Russian 30. You can have it to get you back to shooting if you want. Just pay the mailing costs.

4. Toxinx

Toxinx New Member

so is what you are saying i should just keep buying magazines until i find a good working one? Because I def. would like a magazine that would hold more rounds but from what i have read is that all of them are horrible.:mad: IF SOME ONE COULD PLEASE FIND ME A LINK TO A RUSSIAN SKS MAGAZINE THAT WORKED FOR THEM IT WOULD BE A BIIIG HELP

And in response to you giving me that magazine i would appreciate that very much. I just hope that it fits mine beacuse i had a original mag from a Russian sks givin to me and it just wouldn't fit.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  5. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Yours if you want it.

PM me you address. I must have lucked out on the 30 round I got.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I've heard a lot about Tapco detachable mags but haven't tried them for myself. I've had several 30 rounders for my Yugo SKS, none of which work at all. I'm just gonna stick with stripper clips, you can reload and SKS pretty quick with them.

7. divinginn

divinginn New Member

I have two 30 round clips for my norinco,one a metal one works great,the second one,plastic works very poorly. I just think they depend on how they were made as to whether they will work properly.

8. kcpanages

kcpanages New Member

i say put it back to a stock clip........... i have a yugo and have about 50 zipper clips........ has never failed me

9. flyinlion

flyinlion New Member

Same problem

I just bought a Yugo SKS and immediately wanted to get a detachable clip for it. I had been warned it could be a problem--guess they were right. However, if anyone else has some advise I'd like to hear it.
    Flyinlion:)

10. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

when i bought my yugo it did not have a factory 10rd mag on it so i bought 6 tapco 20rd. mags.they work great except with 20 in it, it tends to jam on the first one but if you only put 19 in it works great.i also have a defective one that the spring in the mag is not as stiff and it jams on every shot.the down side is the tapco mags don't work with stripper clips ,so i'm trying to find a factory mag for it.

11. KSlongliner

KSlongliner New Member

I have a chinease made norinco sks..and i had the same problems with it , at first using a 30rd magazine. Ok first of all make sure that the clip is in the right way and is put in properly. If it is not then the clip will fall out a little bit evry time you shoot and the gun will jam and it will create a mess. Some clips may fit different then others and you may have to do some trimming on the inside were the clip goes.

12. JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz New Member

Im kinda at a loss here, i have a chinese SKS, with its stock 10 rnd top loading clip. I have been looking for a larger clip, but i may be a lil wary now, as ive never ever had an issue with the top loading clip. is it Yugo and Russian makes that have problems with the clips? or is it just making sure you get the right make for your rifle?

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I've had Yugo and Norinco made SKS rifles, and have never had problems with the extended magazines.

Personally, I would stick with the fixed 10 round magazine unless you feel there is a need to have the higher capacity.

P.S. I'll say it before you get jumped on by the other members on this forum. They are not called clips, they are called magazines. The only thing related to your SKS that is a "clip" is the 10 round stripper clips that can make loading your 10 round fixed magazine a little quicker/easier.

:D

14. JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz New Member

oops my bad, ill try to remember that. heh i know magazine the proper term, clip is just the term ive always used and heard, sorry folks heh :eek:

15. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

My son has a Norinco that he uses 5 and 30 round mags in. The gun loves every mag we use...