sks gun question

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by sizir1shotguns, Dec 27, 2010.

1. sizir1shotguns

sizir1shotguns New Member

its really starts to stress me out . i don't know the topic belongs here but anyway.
    does the sks gun fire at it self when it vibarates some gang leaved a sks gun in the back seat of their car when they turned on the music very loud the gun went of and shot one of the gangs dead i did belive this was even on mythbusters

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I doubt very much if the sound had anything to do with this incident. Probably first of all I would assure the safety was OFF! And it probably vibrated against something like a seat belt buckle or something causing it to discharge. When it comes to the Gang Banger "Good SKS!!!

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You're absolutely correct. It wAS on Mythbusters... And they couldn't get the sks to go off no matter how much they tried. I think they ended up putting the gun in a room with a hand grenade and then it went off.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you attached an SKS to a jackhammer, used by construction crews to break up concrete, you MIGHT get it to fire. Having your stereo turned up? No.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Mythbusters busted this a while back. I forget the ending, but I know that even some crazy booming system wouldn't set it off.
    If your worried about it, don't drive around with a chambered round in your SKS with the safety off. :D

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

a properly cared for gun that hasnt had someones brother's cousin's sister's boyfriend do a "trigger job" on it, will not go off unless someone sticks a body part in the trigger guard and yanks.

the mythbuster episode the stacked a bunch of sks in a circle that they modified to have super light triggers and set of some explosives near them. they got exactly ONE to go off by the shockwave of a powerful explosion.

for that to happen in a car stereo sound system it would turn anyone within 15yards to a red gooey paste. and you prolly still wouldnt set one off

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

No way. Not without something bad wrong with the triggers going on.

8. powg

powg New Member

sks and gangbangers

i wish all gangstas would put a ''frankenstein ''sks in their donk ,with a 3-0 rippin clippen d goin pop pop til it stop loc g....brains being blowd out ,all over the baggys yo.....fmj flyin ...all da mammas cryin......another red neck poem by powg.pissed off white guy