Sks gets a new look

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by kjamesp92, Apr 4, 2012.

1. kjamesp92

kjamesp92 New Member

New tapco stock and mags

image-367143725.jpg

2. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Yeah that looks good. Where did you get the tapco stock at? What'd it run? Thinking of doing something like that with my sks.

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

CheaperThanDirt sells them for $70, i was thinking about getting one for mine too

4. kjamesp92

kjamesp92 New Member

I got mine from a website called dph firearms I think. I paid 79 with shipping

5. PlaysWithZombies

I'd like to get a nice bullpup kit for mine but the only one i can find that isn't cheap plastic has an 18 month waiting list, so i might go for that one. It looks really nice

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Is it SGworks by chance?

7. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Is there a cut for the bayonet? I'm thinking of going with the intrafuse stock for my paratrooper model and I'd like to keep the spike attached. I don't want to have the bayonet lug just hanging there empty. I sure as hell don't want to cut up my front sight base. Definitely not an easy piece to find for replacement. I did that with my last SKS and had to modify an AK front sight to fit when i couldn't get a replacement.

8. PlaysWithZombies

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's what it was. I really liked it but i don't like the idea of paying for it then waiting for a year and a half lol

9. Hammy517

Hammy517 New Member

That looks good. You might be interested in putting a bipod that attaches to the bayonet lug. They sell a lightweight one at cabelas online that I paid the other week 30.00 plus ship. Was 10.00 off. Took to range and it worked great. Looks good too. I don't have the original 10 rd mag so have to use the tapco 20's and this gives it the right height on the lowest setting.

Attached Files:

10. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Froom all the research I've done, sgworks is the best bullpup kit for the sks.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My buddy has para-military sks in a tapco stock with bayonet. I would suggest just asking the question before you buy.

12. kjamesp92

kjamesp92 New Member

They do make them with the bayonet cut out but mine didn't come with a bayonet do I got the one with the rail all the different models are on tapco website

13. PlaysWithZombies

Yeah, i'd love to find one of their kits somewhere that doesn't require the long wait, don't think that's likely to happen though lol

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It kind of defeats the point to get a SKS stock without capacity for the

bayo and cleaning rod. My Tapco has both...

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Which model rifle and stock are you using?

16. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Never owned one, but I've always thought the SKS was a good looking gun. Does that make me weird? :)

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

A '46 Russian with a Tapco side-folder in charcoal. I've also noticed a slightly

longer LOP, when extended, which, for me, is a big plus.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice! My Chinese SKS is also in a tapco stock with a few tapco mags. My bayonet fits the stock fine, but mine is not the shorty/paratrooper. I did keep the montecarlo-style stock it came to me in, ramline i was told; if i take it hunting, it will be in the montecarlo stock.

I'm still looking for a deal on a "cheese grater" gas tube cover with gas tube to put on her.

19. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I'm using the Monte Carlo now.. not too fond of the grip. I really like pistol grip rifles. I think the intrafuse is the way to go for me.

20. Werminator

Werminator Member

Anyone currently running the Tapco stock and mags... Does the T-6 cut down any weight from the rifle? Also, have the Tapco mags been any type of headache? I have read many times that they aren't truly reliable...