Skinner sight for my marlin 1894

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by magnumman, Oct 11, 2013.

1. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I am thinking about putting a skinner peep sight on my marlin 1894c. I am assuming that since the sight mounts on the receiver, and the factory buckhorn sight is mounted on the barrel, that I will need a taller front sight. I am curious if anyone has done this and what you did with the front sight.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i changed my factory marlin to the xs sight system. much more rugged and faster than the skinners

the skinner if your talking about the folding peep it will typically work with the factory front since it adjusts by rotating up or down and has a generous ammount of adjustment

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I just looked up the xs on midway. That looks like a good alternative and comes with the front blade so there is no guessing. How does it work for you?

4. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I ended up going with the xs sights over the skinner. I still like the way the skinners look but the cost of the xs and the fact that that cost includes a front post sold it for me. According to UPS, they should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. I will post pics once I get around to installing them. Thanks again for the recommendation.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Works awesome. I simply love it. Its solid fast easy to adjust stays rock solid while giving me a rail for a qd scope. My 1895gbl does about 1-1.5 inch groups with the xs sights and handloads.

Highly recommend it over the skinners.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  6. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Ok. After some quick reading of the instructions, and 10 minutes sitting at the bench, they are installed.

image-3332653174.jpg

image-822838355.jpg

Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

your going to love it