Skeet/Trap Gun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by notdku, Jul 15, 2007.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I'm still shooting skeet/trap with my 870 which is very limiting when shooting doubles.

What brand of gun, model and gauge do you shoot skeet/trap with?

2. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

I use a Remington 1100 LT20. It is the same gun my dad used when he was a skeet shooter.

3. Subgun Ordnance

Subgun Ordnance New Member

Trap I use a BT-99 and Skeet and Sporting clays a Ruger Red Label

Later Joe

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Why the difference in guns between skeet and trap?

5. Subgun Ordnance

Subgun Ordnance New Member

The BT -99 is a single shot gun that shoots a pattern high you never miss with that gun. The Ruger is an over and under that I prefer for two birdies at once. All a matter of preference When I first started shooting clays I used a 11-87 auto I like a break open type gun

Joe

6. Ed21

Ed21 New Member

I use a Ruger Red Label Sporting Clays for everything, except HD where I have a 870 Express w/20 inch barrel. The Ruger has worked well for me. I even hunt with it. I also have a 20GA Ruger Red Label that my son used to hunt with. I have not shot it for quite awhile. Need to drag it out. I'd like to get my hands on a SXS that can hold up to the range use. The doubles I have had were all "field guns" and didn't seem to be able to stand up to shooting Trap, skeet, SC on a regular basis. I had a Ithica SKB Model 150 12 GA years ago that I shot 50 straight in Trap at a registered shoot in Red Cloud, NE. Sure liked that gun. I bought it at Montgomery Wards. got my first charge card with them to get it. (Cowboys don't make much money :rolleyes: ) My Grand Dad told me that "if Wards don't have it, you don't need it." That's sure changed :( Anyway, while living in Denver that was one of the guns stolen. :mad:

7. pagunrnr

pagunrnr New Member

trap/skeet guns

,,,Hello,,,,I am new here,,,NICE SITE SET-UP,,wow,,,you must really like to shoot trap/skeet if your using a pump,,,and thats super !
    I had to give it up a few yrs ago due to some serious spinal issues,,,I still have a browning 12ga double auto-twentyweight factory skeet bored taking up space in the safe.,,,if you ever decide to update. LOL
    JIM

8. clayman48

clayman48 New Member

Trap an Skeet gun

I have a bt-99, great for trap. use my browning special sporting for skeet and sporting clays. I also like my Beretta 391 sporting for all. It really does shoot nice. So my choice would be a good o/u with not long of bbl, or a good outo such as the beretta. None have failed me yet.

9. FALPhil

FALPhil New Member

Trap guns are typically set up with stock and sighting configuration to shoot high when aiming dead on, because the target is rising away from the shooting station.

I use a standard Browning Gold Auto for everything.