Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shotgun brand and model do you have to shoot skeet?

Lately at the range people have been coming in with European and custom made skeet guns but I always fail to catch who manufactures them.

Very nice guns though, I shot a under/over skeet shotgun last time out that was "custom" made. Puts my 870 to shame.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I shoot a CZ Woodcock Deluxe in 20ga (O/U). I just shoot for fun and giggles, not real serious about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Skeet gun

For my money, in 12 and 20 ga, it's hard to beat a Beretta 3901. For a lot less than $1000 you get a gun that's easy to shoot, very reliable, and has very soft recoil. The 390 is nice, too, just a bit more expensive and a bit more involved to clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this want be of any help but I use the three guns I hunt with. They are Remington Spartan Doubles 12ga, 20ag, 28ga.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I usually use my Browning Citori 20ga, but I'll shoot skeet with any of my shotguns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
skeet gun

If you are just shooting skeet to sharpen your hunting skill any gun will do .
If you are taking up skeet for the sport best use a gun designed with the correct choke and length for skeet . I have used a Ithica skb model 6oo 12 ga. and Browning superposed 12 ga and shot 100 straight with both . good luck

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but why do the newbs keep replying to posts that are 3 and 4 years old. It does get irritating at times.

Jim........

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but why do the newbs keep replying to posts that are 3 and 4 years old. It does get irritating at times.

Jim........
Hell I did it all the time when I first came on, just never read the date. Eyes aren't that great...so it - Still happens...:p.

I assure you, it is never intended to be irritating - hopefully, it will be more entertaining the second time around. I have several skeet guns and I'm still trying to find, "the one."

I don't have easy access to Trap, 5 Stand or Sporting Clays

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
2 years old, 4 years old, don't care. I'm game. I have a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting in .20 ga with 32-inch barrels and kinetic recoil reducer in the stock. Cost new was $3695. My skeet club is a Guerini fan club. I also use a Beretta A400 Excel Sporting with 32-inch barrel. It's a .12 ga and has the Kick-Off stock system. It was $1695 and is my favorite gun.

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606213.068027.jpg
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606397.664789.jpg
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606406.198029.jpg
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606415.030972.jpg
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606422.574209.jpg
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411606431.465112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I don't know why Caesar isn't well represented at my club. It's B & B country (Browning & Beretta). Find it difficult to believe the auto beat the O/U for your affections.:confused:

I just got a Rem 3200 O/U w 27.5" barrels - wish they were 30-32" but se la vi...
Fact: my scores went down when I switched to O/U - so I went back to my Beretta 391 for the summer skeet league. Oh the Vanity...:eek:

To make matters worse, the O/U is slapping the ****e out of me.

Big Blue - Like my 391 - PIA to maintain. After shooting service, 500 rd service, 5000 rd service (only time you can really clean gas system - if you can find the spanner wrenches) and lastly the 10-15k service. Recoil spring - they don't make it easy !

Beretta should have stayed w 390's system where we could clean secondary gas bleed ring w hand tools. Problem - idiots forgot to put the spring back in so now the Engineers mounted it to the barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts