SKB brain buster

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by jeepboy4life, Nov 25, 2013.

1. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

So ill start with the back story if this shotgun...

In 2007 my grandfather gave me an over under 12 ga he bought it from a guy who was hard up for cash for a good deal. The deal was i had to get it appraised and find out the info on it. So off to a local gun smith i went, He coulndt give me an appraisal bc he had never seen one and coulnt tell me anything about it. I contacted SKB and asked them about it, I ended up emailing back and forth a few times with the owner of SKB (a very nice man) and the best he could tell me was it was made between 1959 and 1965. It was good enough for me, the gun was in mint condition. I shot trap with the gun and also rabbit hunted with it, it was one of my most reliable and favorite guns. Recently I went to a trap shooting field and tried to shoot with it, but it wouldnt fire, wouldnt even hit the primer. I took it home and started with the disassemblie, everything went great, I found the cause if the issue, two of the springs need replacing. So the search for parts began...and it ended as soon as it began. My trail has run cold, no one makes parts for this old gun. I dont know the model of it and no one that i know can tell me. I contacted SKB and they said they dont know who makes parts for it and said the gunsmith I take it to will probably have to make the springs. Its a double trigger skb O/U and thats all the info i have. Oh yeah i believe the serial number is CH120457.

Now my questions...

1) can anyone tell me any information on this shotgun?

2) can anyone tell me where to get the springs?

3) does anyone have a schematic for this gun?

the first picture is an overall of the gun (minus the triggers)

the second one is of just the reciver and the stock

the third is the almost stripped reciever

the forth is the parts (most of the atleast, the rest are already in the receiver ie: firing pins, misc pins)

the fifth is the springs that need to be replaced, luckily there are two of each and only one of each need replaced

Thanks For The Help Fellas.

Attached Files:

2. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

thank you for the link, i couldnt find any o/u with two triggers though,

3. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

well actually one of the springs i found, it looks the same for all of these but the other one isnt illustrated on any of them, thanks for your help though

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter