Situational Awareness.......

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Dallas53, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't see any such sign on the door ... and I looked.

2. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Well that's good news.
    Times are changing.

3. Rancid

This is Idaho, an extremely gun-friendly state.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

is it really all that inconvenient to remove a holster? Ghost carry is not vogue.

5. Rancid

I really don't give a hoot what is in vogue.

Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  6. Missouribound

I lived in Illinois most of my life....not gun friendly, no CCW.
    Then I move here to Missouri. In the 15 years I have lived here we went from no CCW to CCW and now constitutional carry.
    That's progress in my mind. I live near the Arkansas border which is also constitutional carry. Makes it simple. And the crime didn't increase like every whiny liberal politician says it will once you allow guns on the hips of law abiding citizens.
    Who votes for these lunatics?

7. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

I was simply trying to be polite. I get though, you dont care what it may or may not suggest to other people.

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Other lunatics

9. Missouribound

I'm surprised nobody said "forget something?"

10. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

Not all of these “NO” signs carry the weight of law in multiple states!

Further, worst that can transpire is a trespass charge if you fail to leave when a person IN CHARGE of the property (Clerks don’t have that authority) you to leave their property!

Ghost1958 likes this.
  11. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

In reality " constitutional carry " isnt constitutional at all

Its simply permitless carry of weapons the state deems it's ok for you to have and in alot of states where you can carry it

Nothing constitutional about that.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Rifling82 and Nmwabbit like this.
  12. Missouribound

That's not the point. You enter someones property and they politely request you leave your weapon outside you do it or go somewhere else. Every hear of courtesy?

13. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

They dont all have signs here though many do. I ignore them .
    I feel no need to show common courtesy to anyone or organization that gives itself the authority to decide to remove my right to self defense in a open to the public place . That takes billions in tax payer funding btw.

14. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

Unfortunately there will always be people who do not respect the rights of others. Some of those people often imagine that they have certain rights on private property that they often do not.

Personally, I do not have to be forced by codified statue to respect the rights of other people on their private property ( open to the public or not). If a person has granted me license or privilege of being on the property, its their castle. I will yield to the lord of the castle or simply not go there. I say that as someone who does not see a prohibition of firearms ( on private property) as some sort of personal affront.

I support a person having dominion over their property and I aint mad at them simply because we may happen to disagree about firearms. I do not feel that a gun-buster sign on the front door of a business is any sort of attack on me personally. Carrying a gun is not the center of my being, its just a tool that I elect to carry when practicable.

I believe in the constitution and all that good stuff but I have never felt like the 2nd amendment is a pact between private business and the citizenry. Thats just me.

Again, it all goes back to the lord of the castle.

winds-of-change likes this.
  15. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

ah therein lies the confusion factor, the castle doctrine refers strictly to the inviolability of the HOME!

alas private property BUT open to J.Q.Public, AKA customers, etc., is a different concept altogether...

therefore, entering someone’s abode, of course all due courtesy is extended to assure the Lord and Milady’s wishes, who meet & greet you at their entrance, regarding your carry piece into their abode are met is acceptable.

property open the public is quite a different bailiwick now isn’t it!

COSTCO is one of few customer orientated facilities which has put their firearms concerns into the contract their potential customers sign to join - - i take my $$$ elsewhere as the discourteous organization is showing to me as they do not feel/believe i am not to be trusted to carry my SD handgun!

being discourteous to someone who wants my money is quite different the entering someone’s abode!

Ghost1958 and JimRau like this.
  16. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I found a Guns and Ammo in a cardiologists office. I was shocked ( not by my defib )

Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  17. Missouribound

I refuse to engage with you. You are simply, unequivocally wrong and it's you that has to accept that, not the rest of us.

JimRau and Rifling82 like this.
  18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

:D:p;)

19. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

But of course missouribound, of course, you are absolutely correct in your presumption you posted stating you opinion yw/o offering any substantiation where I error’d regarding the delineation between abode castle doctrine and consumer based retail property...

but, remember as you walk your firearm back to your vehicle - who’s watching me hide it as well as consider why you have capitulated you and your loved one’s SD to a retail enterprise policy strictly perpetuated by newspeek/social media pressure which is exacerbated by groups such as the Gilford, mommies’ against everything, ad nauseam!

(Sidebar - wonder where the MO state motto came from?)

20. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

If it is PROPERLY concealed it is a mute point!;)

BlackGuns4Fun and Ghost1958 like this.