Single shot enthusiast?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cafsman, Mar 13, 2010.

1. cafsman

cafsman New Member

How many out there own and shoot a Ruger No. 1?

Same question on the Browning B78?

2. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

No Ruger or Browning here, but my single shot rifle is a Pedersoli replica of an 1874 Sharps (32" barrel) in .45-70. It is set up for long range Black Powder Cartridge shooting with Creedmore type sights.

3. cafsman

cafsman New Member

Single Shot

They are very nice as well. Do not own one but have looked at several. I do have a Wickliffe as well that has AAAAA wood on it.

4. Tuner

Tuner New Member

Haven't heard about Wickliffe's in years. What caliber is it and how does it shoot? Didn't they use a rack and pinion setup to drop the block? I have a 441/2 Stevens in 219 Imp. Zipper that I load in moderation and use for paper punching and varmit shooting when in an area with varmits. It has an exceptionally nice piece of walnut on it and if I ever figure how to post a photo will do so.

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I shoot the T/C Encore in 7mm-08, .308, 209x50.

One gun 93 rifle calibers plus black powder and shotgun.

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Well, I've got a few single shot .22 target rifles, a few barrel cocking air rifles and a T/C Contender - do those count? :D

7. peabody

peabody New Member

got a t/c single shot 30-30.......... and a slew of singl barrel 16ga shotguns.

8. cafsman

cafsman New Member

Single Shots

My Wickliffe is a 22-250 with exhibition wood and gold inlay. I have several Browning B78's and a slew of Ruger No. 1's in virtually every caliber offered. I love the single shot, side by side & o/u shotguns.