single shot 300 win mag

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by BRAD313, Jul 31, 2012.

1. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I'm in the market for a new rifle and can't find a left handed 300 mag at any store by me nor can they order me one so I'm thinking get a single shot what are some good brands that won't brake the bank this will be my first single shot rifle I'd like to keep made in the USA but am on a budget spend 800 I do have some time to save some more but would like to snag one up before the season starts.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Thompson Center Encore comes to mind.

Ruger model 1, but price of that one is higher than TC.

I don't know if Handi Rifles are available in 330 win mag. Sweet little guns in 243, 270, 280, 308 and 30:06 plus others.

3. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Just checked handi did not see a 300 mag on there liked that 300 blk tho lol I was thinking TC my self but wanted other ideas the Ruger is nice to but got to get glass to if I could snag a used one it be nice

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Rossi might have one. I have one of their little single 20ga and its a great little gun. Be prepared for some recoil with a 300win in there

5. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I'm not a big fan of Rossi to small I'd like to have 24" barrel or better

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I just checked rossi aint got one.

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I know you want a 300mag but what will you be hunting? A different caliber might be easier to find, and do the job just as well.

8. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Must be Bigfoot. I shot a large 180lbs doe, 110 yards with a 300 win mag.... Took her off her feet. Badass round for sure.

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

So did my grandpas 44 magnum. :p

10. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

What ever I want lol its going to by used when I hunt fields up north and have to reach out there and were I hunt there's a lot of swamp n ever year I find my self having to find a dear in the swamp n like he said it will knock it off its feet

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Fair enough. I think savage makes a lefty of some sort in 300mag. Let me check.

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Savage has a couple but they are over your budget.

13. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Ya iv found a few leftys out there but no one has them in stock n can't order them iv tried sevral shops I wanted a Browning long track or a savage sell 1000 or more like u said out of the budget the brownings around here sell for around 900

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Im lookin around and damn it must suck to be a lefty in a right handed shooters world. I have found a few high priced lefties and a few higher priced single shots. Still lookin we will find you a rifle!

15. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

16. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Probly going with a TC for now n when I run across one ill snag up the Browning and trade the TC in for some money off I'm learning to shot right handed bought a Mosin for practice n cheap ammo lol still off tho not to far of just don't want to be taking pot shots at deer or any thing else I do shot right handed guns left handed but for that kinda money I'm Geting a lefty

17. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

None in stock lol around me I live in lower michigan shot gun only down here but u go up north it a rifle zone iv gone to a few places by the property with no luck half the prob is the cal. In a lefty I ant even found a 30.06 LOL

18. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Wow. Im suprised they are that hard to find. Well good luck man hope you find your gun.

19. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Is it that hard to find left handed models? I am left handed but I have always bought right hand rifles.

20. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I've never had any problems finding LH rifle's.But you can shoot a RH just the same,I have done it my entire life.
    I had a Ruger #1 300WM for a long time,they are great guns.That said,the #1's either shoot good,or they shoot bad.But they will all shoot minute of deer or elk.

Gunbroker has several LH rifles in 300WM and also 300 RUM,300 WSM if you are set on a 300.
    A 30/06 or 7MM Mag will suit your needs also,and there are plenty LH rifles in those calibers for sale on Gunbroker also.
    If your local gun shop won't order you a rifle,I'd find another gun shop to deal with.
    Savage,Remington,Tikka,Browning,Ruger all manufacture LH rifles,and their distributers usually have them in stock,so getting one to a dealer shouldn't be a problem.
    Oh,CZ-USA also makes lefties!