Single Actions ONLY!!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by spittinfire, Nov 28, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Post pics of your single actions. My other thread got a few nice pics and I know there are more guys here that shoot them. Here's the only one I've got.

Blackhawk 44 mag 7 1/2"

Blackhawk.jpg

2. MRFranks

MRFranks New Member

Single Actions

Beautiful Super Blackhawk. Here's my Bowen customized Blackhawk .45LC. Everything about the revolver is slick--the grips finally fit the grip frame, which now fits the frame. The action is smooth as glass, and the trigger is like breaking a small glass rod. Since the standard Ruger rear sight has been replaced with Bowen's Rough Country rear sight, the sights are now dead on at 25 yards--benched with CAS 250gn .45LC loads. Still breaking in the revolver, but the desired packing load will be the Cor-Bon 200gn +P load once that's done.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

3. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

Only 1 so far. A Ruger Single Six Convertible. Would like to add a .357 and .44 to the family.

Attached Files:

4. spittinfire

Franks, that is a beautiful pistol!

sinzitu, my dad has one just like that and it is a hoot to shoot. It's a shame you can't get the adjustable sights and rosewood grips in a blue gun anymore. The plastic grips they have now are terrible.

5. MRFranks

MRFranks New Member

Single Actions

Thanks muchly. When I queried Bowen Classic Arms about replacement rosewood grips, I was told to keep the black plastic (hard rubber?) as once properly fitted with a new grip frame would really set off the work done. Bowen was correct, in my humble opinion. I've recently purchased Ruger's New Model Flat Top .44 Special in 5.5 inch barrel length, and I may be having the Bowen custom work done to it as well. I've replaced the black plastic grips on it with Ruger's checkered rosewood. Now that looks much nicer with that gun. Haven't shot the little gun yet (it is indeed smaller than the .45LC NM Blackhawk). It's a slick looking piece.

Attached Files:

6. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Here is my single action.

Attached Files:

7. mikecu

mikecu New Member

This might be a better pic.

Attached Files:

8. MRFranks

MRFranks New Member

Single Actions Only

Gee! I thought this was the REVOLVER thread. But, that's certainly a nice looking Browning HP.

9. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Doesn't that qualify as a single action?
    The trigger won't make the hammer go back. :D

10. spittinfire

I guess it does qualify but it wasn't what I had in mind. Nice piece though.

11. MRFranks

MRFranks New Member

Single Actions Only

Certainly a single action semi-automatic pistol, but not a SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER. Could you see the difference between your pistol and our REVOLVERS?

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Girls, stop the cat fight and enjoy the view.

mikecu I think your SA is beautiful.....but then I'm biased.

[​IMG]

But I do have a SA Revolver, My Ruger Blackhawk chambered in 30 Carbine;

[​IMG]

13. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Colt and Ruger.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

I already posted my .44 Mag SB in another thread but here is my .45 Colt Blackhawk.

I also have the Single-Six convertible and for those don't-care-if-it-gets-scratched days, a Heritage convertible. I can post pictures of these but they're in the safe and "she" is x-mas decorating downstairs so I figure it's safer up here!

Attached Files:

15. MRFranks

MRFranks New Member

Single Actions only

Well AH-1,

Those are some very nice revolvers. I'm a little jealous of your Ruger Bisley. Did you shorten the barrel, or did you have a custom gunsmith do the work for you. That is one sweet looking piece. BTW, I'm a Viet Vet, and greatly admire those AH-1 drivers who saved my ass more than a few times. If you're one of those guys--crew chief included, I salute you...

16. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

accusport had 500 of these built by ruger in SS and with a 5 1/2 barrel.

I was aircraft weapons/crew chief/spark chaser/avoinics then T.I. on the snakes and the apache when I retired.
    73-94

wes in MT made me a holster/ammo dump for hog hunting.finding a holster for a 5 1/2 bisley isn't easy :)

[​IMG]

17. mongoose90

mongoose90 New Member

Here are a couple of mine. 1958 editions
    Ruger Flattop Blackhawk .357

[​IMG]
    Ruger Single Six .22
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  18. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

All of mine are 22's.

1958 Ruger Old Models. One converted to transfer bar (the rear one), the other unconverted.

[​IMG]

2003 Ruger 50th anniversary Single-Six. 2008 Bearcat.

[​IMG]

1967 Colt Frontier Scout

[​IMG]

19. Dave T

Dave T New Member

Can't hardly resist posting a few pictures in this category (smile). Next to N-framed S&Ws I love Flat-top, 3-screw Rugers for Single Actions and have been lucky enough to acquire a few. My favorites are the Blackhawk 44s.

This is a fairly rare 7-1/2". If my information is correct there were only 750 made in this barrel length.
    [​IMG]

Next is my 4 digit 6-1/2". It has the thin, curved trigger and non-collard base pin of the earlier models and the plastic stocks.
    [​IMG]

The last one is a semi-custom 44 Blackhawk that I (and others) think Ruger should have offered. I bought one that had been mistreated and abused and made it into the gun Ruger should have added to their Flat-tops back in the late '50s and through the 1960s.
    [​IMG]

I have two Flat-top 357s but the board won't let me post 5 pictures and I couldn't decide which one to leave out (LOL).

Dave