Since Packing.org is no longer around..............

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Tony Soprano, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

2. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

Looks like a good site. It sure is depressing for us WI and IL folks seeing our states in red on that map :mad:

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Funny thing about concealed carry reciprocity. Activists demand we bow to states who legalize so-called gay marriage or illegal alien welfare, but states are free to disregard concealed carry laws. Full faith and credit seems to be forgotten in this instance.

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I think it's ludacris that despite having a license in one State I can't use it in just a hand full of others. Like I'm supposed to carry a map with me in the car.

5. Pounce

Pounce New Member

If a law abiding citizen can use his drivers license in every state,the same should apply to a cwp.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

7. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon New Member

Anybody know what happened to packing.org? I had heard that it was only temporarily gone, but it seems to be permanent.

8. LukeM

LukeM New Member

You can also check out USA Carry. We launched it right after Packing.org went down.

From what I heard the owner of packing.org went to study law and didn't have time to run the site anymore so he shut it down.

9. fmj

fmj New Member

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

packing.org died a slow painful death by suicide. The guy who ran the site put in a sytem where posts could be rated by forum members. Two of the world class Benelli loving "experts" on the site gave me a zero for having the audacity to recommend a Remington model 870 shotgun for self defense.

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You had the unmitigated gall to recommend an 870 for defense! You should be soundly horsewhipped for that offense.:D Makes you wonder about some people. I was looking at a really nice little 870 pump today in 410. I was wondering if I could get a slugger barrel for it.
    Next we need to get hunting and fishing licenses reciprocal.:p

12. Millwright

Millwright New Member

A driver's license is a "priviledge license". Do you really want your right to self defense defined in these terms ?

FWIW you might want to apply that same sort of reasoning to a federal law guaranteeing the same thing ! IOW, what the fed controls, it can take away ! Far better to work "under the radar" to get all state's legislatures to co-operate in accepting CCW licenses from other states ! >MW