Simunation 9mm upper

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by felix1904, Jun 26, 2013.

1. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

I have an simunition upper I ended up with an can't find ammo. I live in CA. I wanted to know if anyone knew if its legal to own or sell? Any info would help. Thanks.

2. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Simunition is a specially made paint round for law enforcement and military.

They just recently expanded to civilian market, so you may find some ammo within a couple years.
    The firearms that shoot them need special made parts, such as a barrel, receiver, etc. (hence, the upper you have).

3. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

Do you know if I can se it withou getting in trouble?

4. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Use it?
    If you can find the ammo, then go ahead.
    It shouldn't be illegal. It's paint rounds made for simulated firefights and scenarios. I don't see why it would be regulated.

Well, I checked their website, and it said that for civilians they have approved ranges. Maybe you should contact them to be sure of the legality. I have only heard of a few selling online, but they should be legal.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Simunitions are not regulated under the law anywhere I am aware of. The manufacturer has not sold them to anyone except LE, Military and (perhaps) some security companies.

We have Sim guns in a variety of makes. Our old MP-5's were converted to Sims some time back. They are a hoot to use