Silver Bear? Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by cameramon, Jun 12, 2012.

1. cameramon

cameramon New Member

I ordered Silver Bear 9x18 Makarov FMJ from J&G Sales last week. It arrived today. This is what they sent me.

Bottom line: Inspect every box every time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Srsly? :eek: So have you made contact J&G Sales regarding your order? :confused:

3. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

I get Silver and Brown Bear from ammunitiontogo often (once a month or so). Never once had this problem.

Maybe it's J&G?

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

That looks like ****. Hopfully they refund or replace the ammo for you.

5. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Yikes. I honestly am not sure how that could happen at JG sales( dry as hell out here) but Definitely contact them.

6. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Holy crap looks like that was stored at the bottom of the ocean the whole cold war.

7. cameramon

cameramon New Member

I told them I didn't want any more Silver Bear from them, so they are refunding me for the two damaged boxes. However... they refused to take back two additional boxes that are not showing damage. The customer service rep was adamant.

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thats crap that they would lose a customer to a couple boxes of ammo. Atleats i wouldnt buy from them again if they wouldnt atleast refund the remaining two boxes.

9. cameramon

cameramon New Member

First of all, I can't believe they sent the junk ammo to me in the first place. The boxes are clearly damaged, with Russian chemical ooze and rust leaking from them. It was immediately obvious there was a problem. Did they think I wouldn't notice it?

Secondly, the customer service guy absolutely would not acknowledge my concerns and take back ALL of the Silver Bear, instead of just the two bad boxes. He could have used the opportunity to make a lifelong customer, but he chose differently.

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Is that the first time buying from them?

11. cameramon

cameramon New Member

No, it was my second time buying from them. I bought surplus Nagant pistol ammo a couple of months ago because they were the only company that offered it at the time. Now that AIM Surplus and several other companies are selling the same stuff, often at better prices, I see no need to buy anything else from J&G.

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Did it look like the package had been in contact with water or something? Not sating they (J&G) shouldn't make it right but I have personally had a hell of a time with UPS stuff coming in looking like it was used as a football or maybe third base.

13. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Looks like water damage maybe even salt water... not the the ammo's fault that shippers don't take care of packages. Same thing happens with our packages from my company all the time unfortunately. Sucks J&G has bad CS though, I was thinking of picking up some extra P64 mags from them.

14. cameramon

cameramon New Member

This is old damage. It wasn't caused during shipping. They sent me bad ammo.

15. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

FYI weideners has some odd ball stuff usually, might be able to fill your needs there.. They have great shipping times

16. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Bad ammo from J&G sales

That has got to be the worst ammo purchase I have ever seen!!

If you ordered 4 boxes, they should have taken it ALL BACK!!

Glad you posted the warning. They will not get my business.

I buy my on line ammo from Midway, amunitiontogo.com and Brownell's.

Never had a problem for any of them. Midway is my favorite, because I discover the wonderful world of Armscor ammo. Great ammo and priced good.
    (no jamming)

Example: I just ordered 10 boxes of Armscor .45 230 gr FMJ for $18.99 a box.

Try midway next time and order the Armscor 9mm., I think you will like it.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am getting te impression that the dealer is at fault, not the ammo manufacturer.

Shouldn't you ask that subject line be changed to identify J&G?

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

That ammo is unacceptable by ANY standards, i would be embarrassed selling ammo that looked like that. they should have refunded or replaced the entire order with different ammo "not silver bear"......No questions asked.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have had great results from Silver Bear. This was not a mfg defect. Could have been a leaky shipping container. In any case it should not have been sent out by J&G. You are faulting the wrong company by badmouthing Silver Bear. The header should be changed.

20. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

Never heard of J&G but I know I won't need to either.