silly sling-mount question?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Miguel Span-Q, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Miguel Span-Q

Miguel Span-Q New Member

I am trying to adapt a single-point sling to a standard sling-swivel stud. The single-point sling I purchased will not attach to the small hole stud. Will a standard sling-swivel stud be adequate to mount (if possible) a single-point sling? Any suggestions?

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Every hole stud I've seen has an attachment for attaching a sling. Depends on what you're looking for. You could order one, ask the gun store, or bubba that and use a key ring.

3. Miguel Span-Q

Miguel Span-Q New Member

Damn...The key ring was my first thought as well...it stretched into an oval with just the weight of the gun! How come the perceived "easy-fixes" are the most troubling? I know I am somehow missing a super-simple solution....just hoping one of you will enlighten me!

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You need something a little more sturdy than a key ring. I would browse brownells and find a mount that is made for single point sling. Other sling swivels will allow the snap to damage your stock or position your gun upside down. I prefer the mounts that slide between the stock and the receiver.