Silly Questions about firearms

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by GregTheHun, Apr 23, 2012.

1. GregTheHun

GregTheHun New Member

Ok, am I just crazy or does it seem that now since the elections are going on either a) you can't find any firearms to purchase or b) they marked up ridiculously high and even c) the rest that are left are crap?

Am I wrong? Am I just looking in the right places. Id really like a WASR AK, but I can find any less than 550 now. A year or two ago they were closer to 400.

Do you guys think if the elections are over and King Obama doesn't get in that prices may go down?

Or am I crazy?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yep. A lot of gun owners are worried that after the election if he gets re-elected we are going to see another round of Clinton era bands or something worse then that. I happen to be one of them.

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

On the plus side it means that, unless things go horribly awry, the used firearms market will pretty much explode next year :).
    Unless you're worried the S may HTF you might be better off saving your money and waiting until then, that's my plan with my AR-15 build.

4. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Both answers are right. Yes, politics plays a huge role in firearms availability and pricing. Yes, you're also crazy and wrong to think that prices for firearms are static from year to year. They go up. Always. Sometimes at faster rates for different items but it will always happen. In some isolated cases, prices can decrease after being inflated by political BS and/or slow shipments (the 08-09 assault rifle run, last years saiga 12 ga dry up in inventory , etc). In any case, two years is more than enough time for most increases to stick. sorry :(

5. GregTheHun

GregTheHun New Member

Man, guess I'll have to piece mine out if I could find a decent barrel with a front trunion.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's called "FREE MARKET"

You can bet they will continue to increase well beyond November. If you don't have what you want now, roll the dice and hold off until next spring.

Depending on the outcome of the November elections, they will be cheaper..........or...........banned. :(:cool:

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Or lost in an election day boating mishap...

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I'm betting on a Civil War of a totally Different Kind if anyone messes with the 2nd Amendment.
    Too many are too peeved at the Gov't at this time to just lie there...

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I bought a Savage Axis combo around November for $319 on sale . They had the same gun combo " on sale last weekend for $379 . AR parts have increased in price since Dec and so has most ammo of all calibers

10. cottontop

cottontop Guest

The president has nothing to do with it. The Congress and the senate are the ones to watch. Who is in office has nothing to do with orices. Guns and ammo have been steadily going up (like everything else) over the years no matter who is in office. It seems when people pick someone to hate, everything that goes wrong is blamed on them and they can do nothing right. It is easier to just blame it on them and go on. No other thinking is involved. When somebody new comes in, people will pick a different person to hate, and nothing changes.
    cottontop

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

cottontop, so what your saying is that Clinton had nothing to do with the "assault" weapons ban? It was strictly Congress.

12. cottontop

cottontop Guest

See what I mean?
    cottontop

13. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

It has to be both. You can't blame one or the other. If the president says send me a bill that will do X and I will sign it, he is a part of the problem. People remember the person in the oval office because he is the one to sign it. Look what happen to the Dems in Congress after that law went into effect. People remembered who voted for it, it's just easier to say the name of the person who signed it instead of stamping "veto".

14. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

There is going to be a big run on firearms and ammo because of the election season. Actually it is already happening. Handguns and rifles like AKs, ARs, SKSs, will be going like hotcakes. The magazines for these rifles will be very expensive if you can find one. Ammo and reloading components will also be flying off the shelf. Some people have already been hoarding guns, ammo and parts so they can sell them at greatly jacked-up prices during the frenzy. Many people already have bought firearms and just put them away with the ammo without learning how to use them. I have seen this happen before but this time it is a lot different because so many people are afraid of Obama getting re-elected. This will be the biggest run on guns and ammo in our nation's history.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

How about when a president gives a "state of the union" address, and all he

babbles the whole speech is "send me a bill and I'll sign it" ???:mad:

16. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Or a President that has shown a willingness to bypass the Congress and sign Executice Orders...don't think one cannot be signed that would reinstate the AWB.

17. billt

billt New Member

I was at Cabela's today and the place was dead. No one at the gun counter, and the racks were full of AR's and assorted other black rifles. Everything from $800.00 S&W's to $2,700.00 POF's. Handguns galore. I think this time the "run on guns" is being over hyped.

There are a lot of Internet ammo shoppers, but a lot of people learned their lesson the last time, when they stood in line to pay over inflated prices on AR's, only to see prices crash and a glut of black rifles that followed. Run with the sheep and you'll be slaughtered every time.

18. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I've got all the weapons that I want/need.
    I just stock up on spare parts,powder,primers,bullets,and brass.
    No matter what the future holds for D.C.,I'm stocked up for many years to come.

19. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I agree w/ this. If people would remove the tin foil hat and stop posting and/or talking w/ their friends about the impending doom looming over the next ridge there wouldn't be price gouging.

20. GregTheHun

GregTheHun New Member

Agreed, now I just wish there was a chance that prices for AKs would go down to a reasonable level, but it looks like it won't until people with as much sense as Ron Paul get into office and actually fix things.