Silly Pleasures

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Mar 6, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

i know everyone has at least one silly thing they really enjoy to the annoyance of others around them. what is your silly pleasure??

i enjoy watching spongebob squarepants much to the annoyance of my wife...

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I prefer to watch cartoons and animated movies to regular tv shows and films most times ;)

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I watch movies over and over again, sometimes days in a row, much to the wonderment of Household 6.

She'll come home and say "watching movie of the moment, again?" and laughs.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Silly Pleasures, does a Fleshlight count as silly.:eek::D

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes it does lol

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I pretty much don't do anything unless it annoys someone. I like to call it my destiny and purpose of existence.

7. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

There are a few movies that I don't tire watching too and I also love watching cartoons...be it Justice League, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemy, Phineas & Ferb, etc. :D

It doesn't look too silly since I have kids I can use as excuse. LOL :cool:

BTW, is cleaning a gun you just cleaned 5 times since it was last fired considered silly?

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

to me it is my wife making a note that I have rented and watched Enemy at the Gate probably at least 4 or 5 times. I enjoy movies that have a significant reference to anything involving history. I am going to buy me a personal copy of the movie as soon as I find someone that has a good CD for sale. Have been looking on line but you never know if you get them if they have been damaged or not. Just watched a Sniper documentary of the History Channel today that was fantastic. And since I have had the pleasure of being at a sniper observer school that my prized military sniper Carlos Hathcock came to visit. I always enjoy watching and hearing about his ops! Check out the History Channel. Great show on all elements of weapons and military as well as LE Sniper Ops. If anyone has an extra copy of Enemy at the Gates pm me.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

No, that would be called 'obsessive'.

P&F rocks!

10. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Funny this thread should come up actually, my avatar is a cartoon I used to watch as a kid. I saw it come on TV the other day and just had to sit down and watch it, I laughed til it hurt :p

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will watch old tv shows. I am not talking when an episode comes on. No I will find one I like and watch every episode one right after another till I complete the series.

My thing now is Star Trek Voyager. I am into season 2 episode 6 in a matter or 4 days.

I purchased the first 3 seasons of Sliders and watched them so much my kids said "Dad REALLY another episode of Sliders, its a good show but you haven't watched anything else in 2 weeks. Can't we watch discovery channel or The history channel? "

I finished a 90's show called Earth 2 just a few weeks ago.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Mahjong on my Nintendo DS

13. MGH

MGH New Member

Mario Cart, and Halo, my wife hates it because she's never been into video games, unless you count Windows Solitaire as a video game.

Hopefully one of the Call of Duty games will be headed my way soon.:cool:

14. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

What can I say? I like the same things Charlie does. But Since I don't have his bankroll, I have to be more discreet. :D

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Watching war movies.

While wearing facial camo, eating MREs, and sharpening a knife.

In front of the kid that came by to pick up daughter for date.

Silly, but when you tell him "Home by 2300 hours- or else" - there are no questions. :D

16. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Pocket pull.

17. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I'll watch the same movies over and over. Same with good music CD's-- I'll have the same one in my car for months on end

18. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I whistle. I'm darned good, if I do say so myself. Reminds me of my dad, who I always HATED when he whistled.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Haha, I like to whistle, too. Except I'm not particularly very good at it. :p

20. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I watch Avatar The Last Airbender and hear the same thing.