Silly Cleaning Question

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dlee58, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dlee58

dlee58 New Member

My girlfriend's son in law wants a book on how to clean his AR-15 for his birthday. Why he needs an entire book not sure. Most books I have found have 4-5 pages on cleaning and then a bunch of other assorted topics.

If anyone know of a pamphlet or for that matter a book that would be helpful i would appreciate it. This guy is hard to buy for and surprisingly says this is what he wants. I would tell him to watch some You tube or even ask me I carried a M-16 for several years.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance!!

David

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If you can't find an actual book, I sure if you check the Colt, S&W, Sig or Ruger websites you'll find a PDF file of an AR-15 Owner's Manual you can download & print.

3. 1911love

1911love New Member

How about an Army or Marine Corp field/training manual? I get them from MidwayUSA almost every time I place an order. They're cheap there and they also have 1 year subscriptions to Guns & Ammo for $9.95, great for a surprise in a few weeks after you give him the main gift.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

i second the marine or army manual.

5. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

Im sure there are plenty of books but youtube is great for instruction video for cleaning an AR-15. Good Luck!

6. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Agreed on the Army manual. For a little more $ The Gun Digest Book of AR15, by Patrick Sweeney I think. Better illustrated and readable for non service personnel. Current edition at book stores and on Amazon.

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Duplicate//

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  8. 1911love

1911love New Member

That's a good book too. I've got Volume I, but I've yet to pick up Volume II. That book made me aware of the Shrike .22lr belt fed AR upper.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I just got a Mini-14 manual like this from Midway. It's got the loose-leaf

binding, so you can place the manual flat on a given page, it's great.

All for 10$.

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

I wish all of mine were loose leaf! They all feature the standard binding. Nice to see other people add these to their Midway orders. You're already paying for shipping, why not take advantage?