Silence of the lambs.....i mean an AR?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ar15noob, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ar15noob

ar15noob New Member

Know I ask a ton of silly questions but is it possible to silence an AR with a fixed flash suppressor? I think I know the answer but was not able t google that question with any success. Thanks.

2. hmh

hmh New Member

If you have to have it for legality reasons (without it under 16") you could remove it and attach a surefire or another companies quick detach suppressor mount and pin it.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

states that ban non-pinned flah hiders generally ban suppressors. check your state laws before planning any purchase that involves nfa

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

what state do you live in?

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

AAC and Surfire make muzzle devices that go right into their suppressors (without having to remove them). Legal to own and use in California, even tho suppressors are not allowed for the masses here.

6. ar15noob

ar15noob New Member

Connecticut

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Please do all the necessary legal legwork for you locale, don't rely on us internet junkies to keep you out of jail, but from what I remember, if you have a preban lower, you can sbr and suppress it, after doing all the paperwork and tax stamp tomfoolery first. You will have a lot of time to kill while you wait for all your papers to clear.

8. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Like this? AAC Blackout 51T mount & M4-2000 suppressor.

[​IMG]

9. ar15noob

ar15noob New Member

Will obviously do the legal legwork as the question was more operational in nature. Thanks for the heads up.