signs of the times...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by trip286, Sep 15, 2013.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

Signs that you know show we live in a fu*ked up society these days....

Share your experiences, but keep politics out of it please. This thread is meant for everyone.

One sign I'm seeing right now...
    I'm at the park with Sue and Baron. Sitting at the picnic tables, and watching them just....go. play. Have fun. Be a boy and a dog. Good life.

I look around, and realize that although I noticed it before, it didn't really sink in. The tables... are chained to the concrete slab. Ostensibly to keep people from rearranging them I'm sure... but I'm willing to bet one or more has been stolen in the past.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I would say you are correct. If it's not chained down they will still it and if it is chained down in time it will be stolen and the chain as well......

3. indy36

indy36 New Member

Someone would steal them for sure. Can't trust anyone.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Have you seen anything lately that stands out to you as a sign of our times?

I'm talking about crap like the big billboard warning labels on guns and coffee. Barred windows on day care centers, churches, and food pantries. Display lawn furniture cabled to a post inside a store.

Some of these, like the furniture, are so people don't mess with stuff and rearrange things, move stuff around. But it amazes me that we live in such an impolite society that this is necessary.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

TV commercials that make absolutely no sense and have virtually nothing to do with the product they are advertising.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw an advertisement for a hamburger joint claiming their patties are "Now made with 100% beef!"
    At first I wondered why such disclosure was necessary. Then it sank in and I wondered "What have they been serving?"

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

We have reached the point, that we are interfering with natural selection, and that is what will bring the end to the human race. It wasn't that long ago, we were completely responsible for our own survival. If you were lazy, or stupid, you starverd to death. now we have all kinds of programs to keep the ones who would have not lived long enough to reproduce alive, and encourage them to reproduce ....Medical advancements are also keeping the undesirables alive, and reproducing....Bicycle helmets...The yellow sign on the deck of your lawn mower, that tells you not to put your hand under it when the mower is running.......We are getting stupider, and stupider, and stupider..........LOL

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Needs burying.................

A local crack head and dead beat was caught selling the copper and bronze he had stolen from the cemetary in his neighborhood. $16,000 in damages to graves he stole from.............This azzhole needs hanging from one of the oak trees in the gave yard................:mad::mad::mad:

9. rockratt

How about security cameras everywhere????:mad:

10. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I'm afraid this is extremely accurate. I've also noticed that those with lower intelligence levels seem to reproduce at a very efficient pace.

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

We are being outbred.

12. rockratt

I had this almost same conversation with someone a couple weeks ago. Things that were common sense when I was younger you now have to tell people over and over and they still don't get it. With the natural order of only the smart and the strong survive taken out of the picture the human race is destine to become less intelligent and already is.

In other words you are so so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

sign of the times....I was run off the road ,while just out running errands in my car, 4 times this week. Thats about the average around here every week.
    I am surprised I havent had a crash yet.
    Just because everybody THINKS they have the mental capacity to Text, while driving beside me, or head on at me, or looking at their phone to dial someone, while turning across in front of me.
    Every day I drive, its like demolition derby out there.
    btw, I dont pretend to de able to DRIVE and use all that stuff.
    I personally dont believe the brain can FULLY CONCENTRATE 100%, on driving while playing with a gadget.

Just signs of the times.
    SAD.

Jim

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

in the quest to be more politically correct, many people have lost simple common sense and the abilty to reason. we are such a society of people looking for a quick dollar that warning label are now put upon everything. a person with common sense and reasoning will know not to put his body parts close enough the things that could remove them, or that something is hot enough to burn them, or not to take something orally that wasn't meant to be.

stupid people shouldn't breed in the first place! let's remove the warning labels and let natural selecion takes it's course. warning labels are for the stupid people who need someone to do their thinking for them. people who have common sense and reasoning don't need no stinking warning labels.

why all the cameras? because the stupid people need to be watched for their own good. they are stupid and will do stupid things, then try and lay the blame on others. cameras also afford those not to be sued by the stupid people. cameras are a requirement because stupid people will try and steal things simply because they are too stupid or lazy to work. we need them to help protect us from the stupid people.

15. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I think this may be why we are starting to see more break ins/home invasions in rural areas... The new wave of BGs are too stupid to realize, The abulance wont get there in time to save them....It takes a while for a country-bunkin, all volunteer rescue squad to meet up at the firehouse, suit up, start the truck, try to find your house.

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

because i live in a rural area, and it could mean anywhere from 20-30 minutes for LEO's and medical help to arrive. stupid BG's would be in a world of hurt coming to my home!

17. rockratt

Lets not forget our elected officials pass laws protecting the stupid people to ensure there continued existence!!!!!!!!!!

18. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I was thinking about this earlier, it would be nice not to have to lock your car doors if you are at the lake, enjoying nature. But I got my radio stolen...

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

"signs of the times"?

how about

"cameras at the intersections"?

How about the guy in Clearwater who

"had a bad day, and just wanted to

kill the first person he saw," so he

knocked some poor guy off his bicycle, and

stabbed him to death?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  20. trip286

trip286 New Member

I remember as a kid, living in what's now considered pretty much a suburb of Memphis (Hernando Mississippi), my mom would take us to town. We'd go grocery shopping, to the library, out to lunch, visit my dad at his office, drop in on a few family friends... and not only leave the car parked in the same spot all day with the doors unlocked, but with the KEYS IN THE IGNITION. Never even considered being worried about it.

Years later, as an adult with a family of my own, I ended up living in the same house I was in as a kid, about ten miles outside of town. Waaaaay out in the boonies, even more than I am now.... and someone broke into my car while it was sitting in the driveway.