sigma

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by mrbirdguy, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

I am intrested in getting a 9mm sigma s&w
    How reliable are they do they hold up well any issues on the new ones?
    Let me know thanks

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I have never touched one, but i have read some whining about the heavy trigger pull.

If you haven't, run a search on this forum for "sigma"; there have been more than a couple of threads & comments about them, some good some bad comments.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Most of the Negative you will here is on the hard trigger pull about 12lbs. If you have ever shot Double Action Revolvers it won't be much of an issue.

If you are looking for a good pistol at a fair price that will perform as you want it to, you can't go wrong with a Sigma.

You may want to look into the new SD9, it has similar grip angle and ergos to the Sigma and is supposed to have a lighter trigger with more consistent pull.

Or if your budget is a little higher try an M&P.

Go to the range and rent one and try it out.

I may be a bit biased.

4. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

*raises hand*
    I have one of these. This was accually my first gun. They have a long hard trigger pull. And when you pull the trigger just expect it to go off whenever the heck it want to. You will NEVER know. BTW it does kick a little more than some of the other 9mm I have shot.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have a couple in 40S&W. They go bang when I pull the trigger.
    To me, they are more comfortable to shoot than any Glock I've had.

6. Bighead

Bighead New Member

It is the best bang for the buck in its price range.

The trigger isn't great (or even "good"), but it is serviceable and will work.

The gun is rugged & reliable, and will serve you well.

7. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Not only the above, but don't forget the Sigma is The Pride of The Iraqi Army!
    Plus, if you buy a new Sigma from your dealer S&W has a $50.00 or 2 free mags rebate through
    October 3rd 2010

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  8. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

Got one ordered with my local dealer. How do I take advantage of the rebate?

9. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

I can't seem to find info on the rebate on there website

10. Shihan

11. curly45

curly45 New Member

Rebate on Sigma

Just bought mine last night. Got the rebate coupon when I checked out. Will be putting it in the mail today. It states on the coupon that it will take 8-10 weeks to get either the $50.00 or the 2 mags. Good luck:)

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have had a Sigma 40C for many years. Price was right. It is reliable and accurate. I recently had the misfortune of handling a new Sigma 40VE. The trigger makes my old Sigma feel like a match grade Kimber. OMG have the triggers gone down hill!:(

13. Shihan

Someone mention Sigma.:D It won't take that long. Going with the Mags? I would. Let's get a range report.

14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself. It must have taken me 6 months to get my mags. I actually forgot they were coming by the time they showed up.

15. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

I think it was about 6 weeks for my mags to show.
    I was actually thinking about calling them when I checked the mail that day:D
    It's hard to beat a Sigma, especially for that price.
    I've got the SW9VE, and while I have better guns, I will never get rid of the Sigma.
    They are like a Glock in that they can take abuse, you can get em wet, dirty, bang em around, and they still keep going.

16. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I bought the SD40 for my Dad. Hope he likes it!

17. Shihan

I almost bought an SD9, let me know what he thinks.

18. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

I've got a Sigma and my wife has a Glock 19. I really don't see much difference other than the trigger, and that ain't THAT much different. It's a trigger for goodness sake. Use it and you'll get used to it.

For half the cost of a Glock I think they're the best bargin in semi-auto handguns. They're not K-frame revolvers, but you can't have everything.

I got an email from S&W this morning saying the rebate is still on.

19. curly45

curly45 New Member

Sigma at the range

Got my Sigma 9mm on the 24th went to the range this past Wed. 11/30(?). Only experience with semi-auto was a 22, 10 or so years ago. As stated in previous posts the trigger pull is a little hard but Shooting a revolver in double action didn't notice much difference and the pull (Sigma)seemed better after the 1st shot. Probally just me. First 10 rounds were at the bottom of the target and I was aiming at the chest . I began alining the 3 dots but after the first 10 rounds being so low I raised the front dot to just above the 2 on the rear . The next series of shots were within ringed area of the target. Pretty sure most of the spread was shooter error. Very happy with my latest purchase.:) The Sigma is much different than the single action's I'm use to!