Sigma trigger

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jackg, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jackg

jackg New Member

Well I sent my Sigma back to S&W for repair of a sticky trigger, they paid for FEDEX. It left me on 11/7/09 and returned on 11/20/09.
    The work order that was included says:

"Customer complaint: Rough double action."
    "Repaired: Replaced sear housing blk asy" Sounds like "sear" is a typo and should be "rear"?

I've dry fired it but it feels the same (horrible). I'll take it to the range next week and see what happens. The only problem there is I hate to waste good ammo in a POS gun.

Is there a real solution to this problem? Maybe I'll hand it down to my son, he has zero knowledge of handguns, but, that's probably too cruel of a joke.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Have you tried a local gunsmith? I think it would be easier to explain the problem in person.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Must just be me and my lack of knowledge, but I feel no big deal about the Sigma Trigger. Maybe my SW357V is just older and I notice nothing. Was this trigger problem on all Sigma's or just newer ones.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The Sigma has a sear housing assembly, it's pinned into the frame. The factory Sigma trigger is legendary for how bad it is, heavy and "crunchy". They can be smoothed & lightened up some but it is the weak point on this otherwise OK gun...

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

No the sear is a vital component of the gun's ignition system and would directly effect the trigger "feel".

Does it shoot better now?

If not:
    1. Send it back and ask them to really fix the issue,
    2. Take the gun back to where you bought it and get another,
    3. Sell the thing and buy a 1911.

When you buy an entry level firearm you get what you pay for.

Sorry to be blunt but you asked.