Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the range yesterday and started have a problem wit mt sigma. It would not eject a spent round, then would double feed. i cleaned her jus before I took her out. Any ideas? Help!?!? dont wanna have to send back to smith unless I have 2

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Check you ejector & extractor -
Tryed different ammo? (doubt thats it but....)

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Look forward to hearing the solution. Seems a lot of people want the sigma and a lot who have them aren't happy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My Sigma 9mm had been 100% reliable after 600 rounds so far. Yours must have a defect somewhere so let S&W fix it.

Also try different ammo though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
note:I do shoot this gun alot probally done atleast 1000 since ive own it . Found da problem, extractor broke. . . Again! This will be the second time I will have to send back to smith for the same repair.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love my sigma I'm up to about 600 rounds now and haven't had a single jam or any problems at all. Great gun I really like it

·
Registered
430 Posts
note:I do shoot this gun alot probally done atleast 1000 since ive own it . Found da problem, extractor broke. . . Again! This will be the second time I will have to send back to smith for the same repair.
Are you by chance shooting any steel case ammo?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does steel case ammo make a difference. Is it better to shoot brass.
Sometimes, depending on the amount you shoot and the firearm, extractors can get beat up or break from steel ammo…. steel on steel violence. Usually a quality hardened steel extractor is the fix and a lot of firearms come that way but some don’t so if I shot a lot of steel case and was breaking extractors I would get a good extractor or quit shooting steel case.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wouldn’t know for a fact but if I had to bet I would bet the XD is good to go. Aren’t they an Eastern Block made gun ?
Steel case is used heavily in Eastern Europe and Russia. I think most reputable guns from the 90’s up to present should be fine and the XD is a quality pistol so I wouldn’t worry.
I once had to replace one on a Mini 14 that was made in the 70’s and that was after a few 1000

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well even if the steel casing is possibly ok. I'll burn up this box and go to brass. The brass looks better anyway. Lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I never shoot steal. I mostly shoot fed brass from walmart. I cleaned the gun about an hr before I went to shoot. But I keep her clean.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well there goes that idea, just bad luck I guess

1 - 20 of 24 Posts