Sigma 9mm problem at range yesterday!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by armed1212, Jun 4, 2012.

1. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

So I went to the range yesterday and started have a problem wit mt sigma. It would not eject a spent round, then would double feed. i cleaned her jus before I took her out. Any ideas? Help!?!? dont wanna have to send back to smith unless I have 2

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Check you ejector & extractor -
    Tryed different ammo? (doubt thats it but....)

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Look forward to hearing the solution. Seems a lot of people want the sigma and a lot who have them aren't happy.

4. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

My Sigma 9mm had been 100% reliable after 600 rounds so far. Yours must have a defect somewhere so let S&W fix it.

Also try different ammo though.

5. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

note:I do shoot this gun alot probally done atleast 1000 since ive own it . Found da problem, extractor broke. . . Again! This will be the second time I will have to send back to smith for the same repair.

6. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Do you load from a full mag, or just drop one in the chamber and put it in battery?

7. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Fill mag, rack slide n fire,

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Where did the ammo come from?

Has the barrel, especially the chamber end,

been well cleaned and lubed?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  9. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

He found his problem, see post #5.

10. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Love my sigma I'm up to about 600 rounds now and haven't had a single jam or any problems at all. Great gun I really like it

11. oli700

oli700 New Member

Are you by chance shooting any steel case ammo?

12. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Does steel case ammo make a difference. Is it better to shoot brass.

13. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

I think the steel cases are harder to extract and yes it's better to shoot brass.

14. oli700

oli700 New Member

Sometimes, depending on the amount you shoot and the firearm, extractors can get beat up or break from steel ammo…. steel on steel violence. Usually a quality hardened steel extractor is the fix and a lot of firearms come that way but some don’t so if I shot a lot of steel case and was breaking extractors I would get a good extractor or quit shooting steel case.

15. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Did not know that. Thank u. Does anyone know if the Springfield xd comes with a hardend extracter.

16. oli700

oli700 New Member

I wouldn’t know for a fact but if I had to bet I would bet the XD is good to go. Aren’t they an Eastern Block made gun ?
    Steel case is used heavily in Eastern Europe and Russia. I think most reputable guns from the 90’s up to present should be fine and the XD is a quality pistol so I wouldn’t worry.
    I once had to replace one on a Mini 14 that was made in the 70’s and that was after a few 1000

17. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Well even if the steel casing is possibly ok. I'll burn up this box and go to brass. The brass looks better anyway. Lol.

18. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

And yes the xd is a eastern block made gun.

19. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Well I never shoot steal. I mostly shoot fed brass from walmart. I cleaned the gun about an hr before I went to shoot. But I keep her clean.

20. oli700

oli700 New Member

well there goes that idea, just bad luck I guess