Sights for EDC G23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 12fretter, Jun 5, 2014.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I just got a G23 for my EDC and don't like the factory sights. Was wondering what the opinions are on fiber optic vs. night sights, manufacturers, ergonomics, snag resistance, etc. etc. And a quick question, are the Tru-Glo (TFO) sights BOTH fiber optic and tritium?

Thanks for any info.

2. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

The Truglo TFO are both fiber optic and tritium. However, with those you have to line up the dots not the top of the sights. That makes the sights inaccurate. I just installed some Aimline sights on my EDC G26 and love them!!! Very fast acquisition and very accurate. I'm not a fan of fiber optic for EDC. They're not as durable and tend to snag on holsters and clothing.

3. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

If you like striaght-8 (dot over dot sights) then look into ameriglo I-Dot Pros. Got them on my EDC 30s and I love them. Plus they are half the cost of hienie striaght-8's and use trijicon tritium vials.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. Argyle_Armoring

I used to use the Ameriglo i-Dot's and i-Dot Pro's. They're a great sight.

5. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really like the back sight on a Glock. I just changed the front sight (Meprolight) and called it a day. I frequently pocket carry a G19. The rear sight never snags on my clothing.

I don't shoot as well with a 3 dot sight. Don't get me wrong I can hit a target with three dot sights. The stock sight configuration is faster to me.

7. Argyle_Armoring

Those are a very good sight. I would still suggest looking at the Ameriglo i-Dot sights. I prefer them over the traditional 3-dot sights and I have a faster target acquisition with them.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

+1 once you get used to the I dot sight you will experience quicker target acquisition over a 3 dot sight.

9. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

10. Argyle_Armoring

11. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

12. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Installed the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights yesterday, and I have to say, I think I love them. That bright orange daytime front sight is fantastic. I immediately took it to the range and did very well with it, slow shooting. I ran out of ammo before I did any quick target acquisition, but I think I like them a lot.

And, since necessity is the mother of invention, as I was contemplating paying someone $35 to install the sights, I looked up a couple of sight pushers online, got the idea, went into my woodshop and make a jig out of hard rock maple. First try, the old sight pushed right out. Installing the new one came with a bit more difficulty. I had to lightly sand the bottom to get it to push all the way, and the jig needs to be adjusted to a bit of a tighter tolerance, but it's in, centered, and shoots where I'm aiming.

Thanks to all.