sighting it in

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ohiomike, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

I noticed I have started hitting right of my aim point. Been doing it for a while. So I picked up a laser bore sight. Threw it in and lo and behold my sights are off a couple inches at 20' or so.

So I need to move the rears but as they seem pressed in do I need one of those little tools for moving it or can I just use a brass drift and tap it over?

2. derpie

derpie New Member

Yes either way will work fine

3. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I got a few hand guns and they are all different. I just compensate , aim a little off which ever way , which ever gun , But , know thy guns.....! :)

5. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

So I'm figuring I should tap the rear over to the left, right?

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Move the rear site in the same direction you want to move the POI-

7. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

LOL, that's what I originally thought, then got to thinking....lol. Overthinking something can be scarey sometimes.

thanks

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah- When talking front/rear sight adjustment for POI its so simple you have to think twice (least i do every time) :D

9. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

I found the sights sit very tight in the dovetal, too tight to just tap over. So I talked to the gun shop I bought my 23 from and he said those laser bore sights aren't reliable and even though he has one he never uses it. He said he will use his glock sight tool to move it for me if I really want him to but he doesn't see the need. I see those tools cost like $100 of so, if they weren't so expensive I would just pick one up for myself.