sight for 6.8 ar15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bclark1, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bclark1

bclark1 New Member

I recently built an ar15 in 6.8 Remington spc and i am now looking for some type of optics. I would like to be able to shoot out to the 200 yard range for deer and pigs but still be able to see things around 20 ft just for shooting. I would like to keep it $300 or less if possible. I don't really care if it`s a low magnification scope, holographic, red dot, etc. As long as it fits the criteria listed above. If anyone knows anything that might work your advice would be appreciated.

2. epleyjoseph

epleyjoseph New Member

Sightmark makes some good reflex sights for a reasonable price. I have a good one that is just a little smaller than an eotech and has a few different reticle patterns to choose from. That one is under $150 if you look around enough. If you got that, you could probably find a decent magnifier for the longer ranges with a flip mount and stay right around the $300 mark. So long as you don't mind that kind of setup.

3. bclark1

bclark1 New Member

Thanks. As i said before I'm pretty open as far as the set up goes i'll take a look and that may be the way i go.

4. epleyjoseph

epleyjoseph New Member

5. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

I would say a 2-7x40 or 3-9x40 scope would get you there. You have a lot of options there to look at/through in the $300 and under range.

6. epleyjoseph

epleyjoseph New Member

Whatever you do, DON'T FORGET TO POST PICTURES!

7. bclark1

bclark1 New Member

Ok thanks i think i apreciate the advice and im hoping to make a decision pretty soon