Sig Ultra Comp .45

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Powellwj, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Powellwj

Powellwj New Member

What an awesome little 1911, it's been flawless after 3 trips to the range! The accuracy is superb, and the ease of field stripping is also a big advantage over some of the other small 1911's. I am so happy I decided to add another Sig to the collection!!!

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Glad you like it. What's Sig's warranty like?

3. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

4. Powellwj

Powellwj New Member

Sig has a limited lifetime warranty, but I got an additional lifetime warranty from Buds Gunshop where I purchased it!

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Not a bad deal at all.

6. jasi

jasi New Member

I'm looking for feedback on:

Sig 1911 Ultra 2 Tone Compact, 45 compact

Sig 1911 Compact C3

Appreciate your assistance-

Bruce

7. bighosscat

bighosscat New Member

I have a Sig C3. It is as accurate as I have found. I bought it to carry but I have had failure after failure with it. I can't empty a magazine without at least one failure. I use it as a range gun only. However, mine may be the exception as it appears most on the forums are very pleased with theirs. I really wanted a Sig Ultra 1911 but was a little apprehensive after my C3 experience. I bought a Dan Wesson ECO instead and am very pleased with it. No failures at all.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would be on the phone with Sig about that C3. No excuse for that from a name like Sig.

9. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

What sort of failures are you having??

10. bighosscat

bighosscat New Member

Premature locking of slide & failure to feed primarily. The slide locks with one round remaining in the magazine. The last round is left sitting loosely on top of the mag. Its been back to Sig. No change. Apparently they polished the feed ramp. It was returned with the top inner liner of the case missing but a flap from a box of gold dots was included. There was no explanation but I assume it was tested with that ammo. They were kind enough to offer to hook me up with a trigger job for about $240 while they had it. I've run it thru all the drills to ensure its not the shooter, magazines, ammo, etc. It just won't run. I'll send it back again soon.

11. bighosscat

bighosscat New Member

I should add that I have 3 other non-1911 Sigs and they have been flawless. I just think I got a C3 that is a lemon.

12. sigmeister

sigmeister New Member

I have a Sig .45 Ultra Compact 1911 and added Crimson Trace Master Series Laser grips. Absolutely love this little 1911. Very accurate and serves as a great carry gun. This is what she looks like.

[​IMG]

13. 1911Shooter

1911Shooter New Member

I love my Sig ultra 1911, I have the limited. It is accurate and with about 600 rounds through it, I have zero failures. Here she is. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1407554052.431831.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

I have a Sig Fastback Carry and absolutely love it. It had a slight issue on its first range trip with the slide not locking back and erratic ejection, but I was able to fix that by replacing the factory mag release with a Wilson Combat mag release...solved both issues.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. sabomnimbehr

sabomnimbehr New Member

I love my Ultra Compact 2 Two Tone. It has been accurate and 100 percent reliable. Not one problem even with some cheap ammo. The trigger is short, sweet and breaks very consistent. I have 3 other Sigs and have no issues of any significance.