Sig Spartan 1 of 300 Commander

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jgoertz, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

My new toy! Hope it's a collectible one day. Only 300 made.

Attached Files:

2. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

Nice tool ya picked up there, how does she shoot?

3. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Don't know. Haven' shot it yet. Trying to decide whether I will or not. It has a very nice trigger and is tight throughout. And of course, the oil-rubbed bronze finish is gorgeous.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I bet that wasn't cheap. Congrats on the gun. I would not shoot it if it were me. Plenty of other commander Sigs that you could do that with.

5. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Beautiful piece there, you better shoot it! Your not collecting stamps. I want one of those so bad!

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

The only limited series guns i can think of that are worth anything beyound the normal versions are the winchester 1873's in the 1in100 and 1in1000 promotions from the 1800's.

Take it out shoot it enjoy it because if its value does go up it wont be in your lifetime or grand children's lifetime

7. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

For me it'd be hard to shoot it because that would mean I'd have to stop staring at it, that finish is awesome.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I know a lot more. Here is my factory two-tone CBOB 10mm in which only 100 were made in 2009. When you can find one for sale, they are selling for over $2k. One on GB a couple months ago sold for $2500. That's more than double the original price in only 4 years!

[​IMG]

9. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

Ya gotta shoot it. If ya keep any length of time for its price to go up considerabley you wouldnt want to sell it anyway. And running a few hundred rounds through it wont depreciate the value of it too much come 20 years from now.

10. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

I'll probably shoot it. I'll probably be dead in 20 years (I'm 70) and won't care. I have no one to leave it to anyhow. ( I bet I'll get a bunch of volunteers from the forum)

11. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Uncle Jgoertz! Is that you ? I'm here for you!

12. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

I thought I might have a few heirs out there :).

13. tenwheeler

tenwheeler New Member

Those pictures do not do that gun justice. I handled one in person at my LGS and it was absolutely beautiful!

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I really like STI 1911s Great pick up. :)

15. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Eh, those aren't worth a thing. Certainly don't shoot it! I hear those limited edition Sigs have a ton of problems and blow up in people's hands. Just send it to me and I'll make sure it gets a proper burial. I'll even pay for the shipping. :cool:

16. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Back off my uncle is sending it to me! I'm family! Lol

17. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

You're right, phone cameras aren't the best and I just laid it on my desk under a lamp to take the pix .

18. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Beautiful pistol. Those grips are fantastic.

19. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

It's going to be a couple of weeks before I get to shoot it, maybe longer. I'm having surgery done tomorrow to repair my sternum. I guess I'll just be able to fondle it for awhile.

20. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

If I don't survive the surgery, I'll have the wife send it to you :)