Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
It's a great gun. Very reliable and accurate. Tears down similar to a glock. Has great texture to the grips but I personally wish they were a bit thicker. Added bonus of factory night sights if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will do so. I am a die hard fan of Glock and i own a model 19 but I've always had curiosity about Sig. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I prefer the sa/da of the sig over the glocks da. I like the decocking lever as well. I feel that the p229 is a better balanced weapon over a Glock and I prefer sig's higher bore axis to the lower axis on the Glock. Personally I do not like polymer framed weapons at all.

I've had both side by side and just sold the G19. But I will be keeping my Sig P229r. I may even buy a conversion kit for .40 one day too.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
No problem. Also a glock fan. Have a 19 and 20. The Sig is very popular and likely to go up in value. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Mbrandt1 said:
The guy is gonna sell it to me for $450
Seems like a good price. How's the condition? How old is it?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Gone_South said:
$450.00 is a hell of a good price if it's in good condition.
Yep! Hey gone south is that srv in your avatar??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The condition of it seems to be ok and I shot it last week and I liked it. I've always been attracted to sig. Don't get me wrong I love my Glock but the sig is a very nice weapon as well . With the gun I get 2 mags and a black hawk paddle holster.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Gone_South said:
Yes sir it is.
My man!!! I got 2 kids named after that guy!!!
I also owe 100% playing style to him. Btw I plays guitar, over 30 years.

Mbrandt1 said:
The condition of it seems to be ok and I shot it last week and I liked it. I've always been attracted to sig. Don't get me wrong I love my Glock but the sig is a very nice weapon as well . With the gun I get 2 mags and a black hawk paddle holster.
Done deal!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Mbrandt1 said:
I'm learning to play myself, ESPs
My boys, SRV, Jimi, albert and freddie king, clapton, buddy guy...I play strats. To make matters worse I'm left handed as well.

I have a few beauties, 2007 custom shop NOS candy apple red and a vintage 1965 January neck date with a hippie finish mostly original, that's my #1. I just sold a '93 American standard with Texas specials.

My outboard gear is SRV all the way and I play out of fender tube only amps, blues jr.s, bassman, super reverbs, I even had a Quad reverb at one time.

Sorry for the hijack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts