Sig Sauer

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jasonlarue1013, Apr 22, 2012.

1. jasonlarue1013

jasonlarue1013 New Member

Hats your opinion on their AR's and Handguns?

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Never shot one, but the guy at the range last time was shooting an AR from Sig, with RDS from Sig as well. He did state he didn't go near steel ammo because it choked on it, and, and remember this comes down to the shooter, he shot a 10 inch grouping at 25 yards with it.

3. homelessguy01

homelessguy01 New Member

Their p 226 and p220 are some of the best handguns available in my opinion.
    Have not been around the 250 or sp2022 so I cannot comment on them

Dunno about their ar's
    Another manufacturer looking for a piece of the pie?

4. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

They make a sweet 1911 or several sweet 1911's for that matter.

But since its a Sig I'm sure its top quality or is that what they want us to think?......

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I just bought the 2022. Its my first Sig. Good finish quality. Bit bulkier than Glocks. Maybe its just me not used to it. Read nothing but good reviews. Its just like the 229 but $300 cheaper and polymer frame.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The P-220 and P-226 (Old models) are some of the best fighting handguns ever made. I don't care for the newer ones. The DAK trigger packs are REALLY nice. I do not own any Sigs even though I am a factory trained armorer. I do not care for the company and their predatory business practices. I am of the opinion that companies tend to surround themselves with like minded people. The instructor I had displayed a large "AZZ HOLE" in neon across his forehead. One of those guys that you could pick out in a crowd as being an azz hole.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

From my experience Sig makes excellent firearms but I've only shot a few, all pistols, never owned one. As far as their ARs, I think you can do better for the money.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

the older sig 220 or 226 are great guns but the newer redisgned ones arent so good. quality is definately gone downhill.

my vote is skip the newer sigs and skip their rifles. they seem to be on a downhill slide atm.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

ACK!!! I just bought a Sig not too long ago.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Which one? Hopefully an older one like your Mark II! :D

11. winds-of-change

*cry* No. Brand spankin' new Sig P238.

I go nuts listening to everyone's opinions. I try to make decisions.........as in .380 vs. 9 mm..........and there are as many opinions as there are shooters. I read one opinion and get convinced I know 'the facts' and then someone comes along and posts an opinion exactly opposite then I feel I made a mistake in my choice. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  12. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Do your own research... I owned 3 a 220x6, 2022, and 1911 all bought in the year 2012, all have worked flawlessly. Still have all but 220X6, traded it on a LWRC SPR rifle

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Dont regret it. What others think best might not be the best for you. Its your gun which you will depends your life with it. Your money and your own comfort. Dont cry ;)

14. winds-of-change

Not really crying......just whining. I love my little Sig. It shoot beautifully and she makes me look like I know what I'm doing behind a gun.

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Do you like it Winds? Because at the end of the day, that's what matters. That's the only thing that is important to any of us when it comes to our personal firearms.
    I have firearms no one on here would buy, and would probably consider junk. But for me, I like them.

16. winds-of-change

If I had more knowledge I would make my own decisions. Because I know so little I depend on what I'm told........or being taught. When I get conflicting opinions I don't know what to believe. I need to learn more so I can be more confident in my decisions and know the what's and the why's for myself.

17. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Its okay. Lessons learned. Mistakes make people stronger, smarter and etc. ;).

18. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Winds, you'll find people who's opinion's you trust explicitly, because they tell you the truth, and are concerned for your well being. Cane and a few others I see you chatting with come to mind. They'd rather eat cat litter than misguide you.
    Ask them. You have firearms that I've read your writings on shooting them, and you seem to enjoy every round you fired. That means you have good firearms.
    Remember there are different levels of shooters and gun owners. You have the casual shooters, who want a gun that meets their needs, and they enjoy them, but they don't plan on having to slog through five hundred miles of swamp to catch a rabbit for dinner with their bare hands.
    Then you have the professional/precision shooters, who get upset if they can't wipe a gnat's nose at one hundred yards with iron sights.
    Don't beat yourself up over having firearms you like. Hell, I own some Hi Points, which cause people on here to have fits!

19. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

Sig makes good guns. A ton of people buy em and like em. I've never shot one personaly but fit well in my hand. I think its all a personal opinion thing. People like High points and I hate em. I like Ruger P series handguns and others dislike. If you like then great. If you think you made a mistake and it malfs a lot then... Well I'm sure you get where I'm coming from. :) shoot it and enjoy it!

20. winds-of-change

Ummmm........I think Cane does eat cat litter. That's how he gets his fiber.

I do like my Sig very much. She's a sweet shooting gun, in my opinion.